Huffington Post Attempts to Make a List of ‘10 Craziest College Parties’; Fails
The list, via Huffington Post:
10. Bates College — “Return To Your Freshman Dorm”
9. Ohio University — Halloween
8. Ohio University — Palmer Fest
7. McGill University — Frosh Week
6. Iowa State University — VEISHEA
5. Duke Tailgating
4. Penn State — State Patty's Day
3. University Of Wisconsin-Madison — Mifflin Street Block Party
2. Cornell University — Slope Day
1. WashU — W.I.L.D.
Wasn't Duke tailgating more or less shut down last year? And why is Duke even on this list anyway? Where's Little 500? Where's 4/20 and St. Patrick's Day at CU Boulder? State Patty's Day at Penn State isn't anything close to what it used to be (speaking as someone who was there for the first one), so where's St. Patrick's Day at WVU? Or UCSB Halloween or Floatopia (two of the biggest parties on the West Coast), Islander and Jungle Party at the University of Arizona, or Michigan State's Cedar Fest? And what about Welcome Week ANYWHERE or, if you're going to include “alcohol-fueled tailgating before games,” you're probably better off with a big football weekend in Baton Rouge or Oxford, Miss. that doesn't get cancelled… But thanks for including our video!
What college parties deserve to be cut and what college parties deserves to make the list? Discuss in the comments and let's show HuffPo how to do it right.
H/T: School Philly