Nick Saban’s Daughter Accused of Catfight Beatdown
It's worth a read, especially if you're an Auburn fan.
The night starts innocently—the sorority sisters do a Power Hour (which the civil suit helpfully describes as “a drinking game on YouTube, where you drink everytime the song changes”), then Saban's daughter, the plantiff, Sarah Grimes, and three other girls head to the bar Rounders on the Strip in Tuscaloosa. They stay 'till last call, then head back home.
This is when sh*t gets weird.
While at home, Kristen began complaining about a guy she was fighting with, and she apparently threw a temper tantrum, laying down on the floor of her home and refusing to get up. From the report:
16. After Kristen refused to get off the floor after several people had tried to help her, Sarah looked over at Kristen and said, “Kristen, please just shut up. We’re all sick and tired of hearing it.”
17. Kristen jumped up off the floor screaming “No one likes you, you don’t have any friends” and stormed to her room.
18. Sarah was laughing at this point because it was not unusual behavior for Kristen and made the comment, “You really need therapy.”
19. Kristen then screamed at Sarah, “Yeah, because that obviously worked so well for you!” and then slammed her bedroom door.
While in her room, Kristen allegedly posted a status on Facebook that said, “No one likes Sarah! Yayyyyy!” This, understandably, angered Sarah.
27. Sarah walked across the hall, with her phone in hand and knocked on Kristen’s door with the palm of her hand saying, “You’ve got five seconds to take it off, or I’m going to tell everyone that you punched Daniel (Kristen’s former boyfriend) in the face last week. Try me.”
This is when Kristen proceeded to begin hitting Sarah. (This part of the civil suit gets graphic.)
32. Kristen proceeded to punch Sarah Grimes multiple times in her head and nose, and to pull Sarah’s hair, even though Kristen knew that Sarah had really bad migraines from a prior head injury from an automobile accident.
33. By this time Meghan, who was outside in the parking lot, heard the yelling and ran upstairs.
34. Sarah screamed “I’m calling the cops!”
35. Kristen’s grip on Sarah’s hair prevented Sarah from getting away and they moved down the hall toward the kitchen as Sarah tried to get away.
36. After multiple blows to Sarah’s face, Hannah intervened and tried to pull Kristen away but was unable to do so due to Kristen’s grip of Sarah’s hair and Kristen refused to stop hitting Sarah.
39. Once Kristen stopped hitting Sarah, Sarah saw a large amount on blood on the wood floor.
40. Sarah looked down and noticed a great amount of blood was running down her chest and into her bra.
41. Sarah felt her nose and realized that the blood was coming from it.
42. Kristen turned to go back to her room, picking Sarah’s phone up off the floor and throwing it into the wall, attempting to break it.
43. Sarah followed Kristen along with the other witnesses into her bedroom to talk to her and found her lying on the floor to the left of her bed, with her eyes closed and crying.
44. When Sarah caught a glimpse of her face in the mirror from her bathroom, she saw that her temple had swollen to the size of a tennis ball, which was extremely alarming to Sarah.
45. Sarah kneeled down on the floor next to Kristen and calmly said, “Open your eyes and look at my face”
46. Kristen slightly sat up, opened her eyes, and Sarah said “I would never do this to you.”
The suit goes on to say that an emergency room physician noted that the injuries were life-threatening, and that Sarah suffered an elbow contusion, concussion, deviated septum, and other injuries. Jesus.
Kristen's attorney has filed a motion to dismiss the complaint, essentially saying Grimes assumed a risk by hanging out with Kristen. Doesn't sound like the most iron-clad legal defense to me, but we'll see what comes out of it.