A Lacrosse Video Game Might Finally Be Happening
Bros have been asking for a companies like EA Sports to make a lacrosse video game for long time. The problem? Lacrosse isn’t very popular, so the money that it would take for a huge company like EA to produce it probably would outweigh the amount of people who would actually buy it. Also: EA has to can it’s NCAA Football franchise thanks to a lawsuit from amateur college athletes who are pissed about companies making bank by using their likeness.
But hey! Someone created a Kickstarter so there can finally be a lacrosse video game. It’s called Lacrosse 14 and it will be for PlayStation, Xbox, and PC. They have to hit $210,000 by the middle of November for it to actually happen, so go crowd-fund that shit if you’ve been waiting for a lacrosse game to play on your Xbox. Details about the game are below:
Lacrosse 14 combines the player movement and passing of basketball with the stick control, shooting, and hitting of hockey to create a high scoring, action-packed lacrosse video game.
• High Scoring: Say goodbye to that “I can’t score” feeling of standard sports video games. Lacrosse averages 20+ goals per game. Get ready to sting corners!
• Big Hits: Line up the ball carrier for huge hits by perfectly timing up your attack. Imagine a football linebacker with a titanium shaft. Lay him down!
• Dynamic Stick Protection: Enjoy 360-degree live stick control to protect your stick as you dodge your way past multiple defenders. Dangles for days!
• Combination Stick Checks: Strip the ball away from the offense with various sword-like stick checks. Slice and dice!
• Evasive Dodging: Execute combination dodge moves to work your way past the defense. Lacrosse players are pure athletes. First you break their ankles, and then you break their heart.
• Quick Stick Passing: Perform amazingly accurate and fast passing to exploit your opponents. Tic-tac-toe anyone?
• Face-offs: Control every movement of your players stick in first person face-offs. Clamp, pinch and pop, laser? Its in your hands!
• Groundballs: Decide if you are going to pick up the ball with two hands, one hand, or go for the quick Indian pickup. The team who wins the GB battles, wins the war!
• Transition Offense: The team who knows how to create numbers is the team who knows how to score goals! Find the 2v1s!
• Transition Defense: Its on you to decide when to stop ball, when to scrape, and when to rotate. Transition defense will make or break you!
• Settled Offense: There are times to push transition and there are times to settle the ball down. Do you know the difference? Championship teams do…
• Settled Defense: How far do you want to close out to play the ball? Are you going to pack it in and play zone? Slide from the crease or adjacent? Want to lock off their two best players? If you can’t play defense, you are going to be in a world of hurt…
• Goalie Play: Are you okay facing twelve yard 100mph bombs? Then send your slide early and be ready to react. Looking for low angle shots on GLE? Call for hard top-side angles and force them underneath… You are the General. Command the defense.
• Quick Game – Short on time? Pick up the controller and play the fastest game on two feet from the comfort of your living room! Lacrosse 14 will feature hundreds of custom teams and thousands of unique players!
• Massive Dynasty Mode – Negotiate player scholarships, sign sponsors, hire top-flight coaching staff, and set intense training programs to build the ultimate team.
• Online Multiplayer – Nothing is more rewarding than playing online versus friends and competitors. Our engine is built from the ground up with online gaming in the forefront. Quickly pick up the game for competitive ranked play or run a top-tier franchise with your friends through Dynasty Connect. Play competitively in ranked or unranked matches or mini-games. Earn badges and experience the rise to the top of the leaderboards.
• Lacrosse Academy – Create teams and players in the fully featured Lax Academy and share them online. Laxers are gear heads who love to rock the newest and coolest equipment. The Lax Academy opens up endless customization options from the player’s height, weight, skin and physique to facial features and hairstyle. Equipment selection allows for customizations of helmets, jerseys, shoulder pads, elbow pads, gloves, stick shafts, stick heads, war paint, socks and shoes.
• Highlight Videos – Save and share videos of your best plays to Facebook, Twitter, and other social media networks.
[H/T: Next Impulse“