‘Metal Gear Solid V’ was unveiled at the 2012 VGAs, kinda
So another game that was announced was something called The Phantom Pain. Which many people are guessing is Metal Gear Solid V.
The Phantom Pain is a title that absolutely no one has heard of before, and it’s by Moby Dick Studio, a developer that no one knew existed either. Here’s the first look…
Here’s the deal: there’s a very good chance that the above is actually Meta Gear Solid part five. How so? This NeoGAF thread has all the evidence that’s been piling up. Which includes (warning: if you’re not a hopeless MGS fanboy, the following will make zero sense to you)…
– The lead in the new game looks a lot like Big Boss from the Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes trailer (mostly the scar on his face, though the loss of the left arm lends many to believe that its Liquid Snake or even possibly Liquid Snake)
– The soldier in the trailer also look a lot like the ones in Ground Zeroes as well.
– “Two Phantoms were born” was the tagline for Ground Zeroes also.
– You have floating figure, a la Pyscho Mantis.
– There’s also another bad guy who shares the same pants as Colonel Volgin.
– The CEO of this totally unheard of developer is a Joakim Mogren. If you switch the letters around of the first name, you get Kojima, the last name of Metal Gear‘s creator.
– At the VGSs, all the representatives of the Moby Dick Studio team, who are supposedly supposed to be Swedes, were all Americans.
– Oh, and they were hanging out at the Konami section, which is the publisher of Metal Gear.
– If you take a good look at the The Phantom Pain logo and fill in the blanks, you get…
… That Kojima, what a cad! Now, as for the rest of you, here’s some fresh footage of Metal Gear Rising that looks pretty damn awesome, as a reward for being so patient…