The Official Drinking Game For Every Horror/Slasher Film
It’s horror movie season. Whether your watching with friends or a girlfriend, why not put some back?
Why not put a lot back.
One Drink Category: Take 1 drink…
– Every time there’s a cut scene with a loud noise that’s meant to scare you, and nothing actually happens.
– Every time the phone rings.
– Every time you notice how outdated the technology is in the movie.
– Every time you see the killer’s murder weapon.
– Every time someone takes a drink or someone references getting drunk.
– Every time the “slut” does or says something slutty.
– Every time someone drops the F bomb.
– Every time you see a news reporter.
Three Drink Category: Take 3 drinks…
– Every time someone trips for no apparent reason when running away.
– Every time someone grabs a butcher knife. (Killer doesn’t count)
– Every time a phone doesn’t work. (This is why newer horror movies take place in remote areas. This way they can explain the cell phone problem with no cell phone reception.)
– Every time a car breaks down, crashes, or doesn’t start.
– Every time there’s shoddy police work. (This includes security guards)
– Every time someone warns a character of danger way ahead of time but they don’t listen.
Five Drink Category: Take 5 drinks…
– If there’s a death before the opening credits. Bonus drink for each additional death.
– Any time the main characters get into a Jeep or SUV.
– Every time there’s a shower scene.
– If you see a nipple. Take 1 drink for each additional nipple.
– When someone you thought was dead shows up alive later in the movie.
– When someone is blanketed on a stretcher.
Scale of 1 to 10 drinks: Rate how good a death is.
This one is up to you or the group. Here’s a baseline to get you started. One drink is a cut scene to blood hitting the wall, and 10 drinks is the killer cutting off a guy’s head while he’s taking a piss, causing him to piss into his own mouth. You can see an example of this at the 8:05 minute mark from this clip of Pumpkin Karver.
So enjoy this drinking game to your favorite slasher horror movies. This way the smooth drinks will really take the edge off.