You Can’t Tell Me That Vaping Is Safe After An E-Cig Explodes In A Man’s Pocket Right By His Junk

By 11.28.16

HELL. NO.

Vaping is already for tools, but now there’s no way in hell I’m stuffing an e-cig in my pants pocket. Hardcore vapers love to talk about how safe it is, but they’re foolish. I’m not trying to get a skin graft just from some dumb vice.

This wine store employee needed surgery after the battery in his e-cig exploded while on the job at a wine shop in NYC’s Grand Central Station. Here’s what we know:

Otis Gooding, a 31-year-old from Queens, was behind the counter of the Grand Central wine shop Central Cellars at the time of the explosion. Gooding’s Attorney Sanford Rubenstein said Gooding is waiting for multiple surgeries at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center. “He’s awaiting surgery on Tuesday, a graft surgery for an injury to his right leg; the burn,” Rubenstein said. “But more seriously, he’s very worried about his right hand, because that was severely burned, and he’s concerned with the use of his right hand.”

Note how close that explosion was to his junk. HARD PASS.


TAGSE-Cigarettese-cigsvapesVaping

Join The Discussion