Cris Cyborg’s Comical Response To Being Left Out Of The Title Fight For UFC’s New 145-Pound Belt Is A+
She hasn’t lost lost in a decade and is pretty much the sole reason that the UFC just added a women’s featherweight division.
So her reaction to being left out of the title fight for the title at UFC 208 which will now pit Holly Holm against Germaine de Randamie is absolutely spot-on…and hilarious.
C’mon son, indeed.
As we reported last week, Dana White did say that he offered Cyborg the title shot, but she couldn’t do it on February 11th at UFC 208 because of the drain the weight cuts she had to make for her previous fights had taken on her body. She said that she’d be ready to fight again in March at 145, but apparently that was too long of a wait for the UFC.
Speaking to MMA Fighting Cyborg had this to say about being snubbed…
“I’m happy the UFC created my division,” Cyborg told MMA Fighting following Tuesday’s announcement. “It’s been 11 years I’m fighting for women to have the same rights as men with several divisions.”
Even though the Brazilian is happy with the UFC’s decision to open her division, she took a shot at the match-up. Holm enters the fight following losses to Miesha Tate and Valentina Shevchenko, and de Randamie is 2-1 under the UFC banner.
“Everybody knows I’m the featherweight champion,” Cyborg said. “I’m undefeated for 10 years in my division. They put this belt only to sell the fight for the new MMA fans. For an example, Holly is coming off two consecutive losses and will fight for the belt. The real fight fans know what’s real.”
And she’s right. She’s 17-1, is a multiple time featherweight champion in other promotions and now the UFC says they can’t wait a month?
Cyborg has also been VERY busy on Twitter expressing her displeasure…