In a world with an exploding population and dwindling resources, the conversation about sustainability is really a conversation about the continued existence of our species. The modern pursuit of a lifestyle filled with creature comforts, self-fulfillment, and convenience has strained the planet, which is why environmental issues are essentially ethical issues, if mankind wants to keep on keepin’ on for generations to come.
The materials that make up our energy sources and products we use every day are at the center of that conversation. IE, fossil fuels and plastic, the stuff that’s caused a floating trash heap in the Pacific Ocean.
When it comes to products that we love, sustainability doesn’t have to mean sacrifice – especially when it comes to style.
Just in time for Earth Day 2019, Jack Mason created a watch that relies on a solar-powered battery that doesn’t need replaced. Jack Mason’s Solar Powered watch can retain six months of use on a single charge, fueled up by both indoor and outdoor light sources.
The solar powered watch strap itself is crafted from recycled cork and recycled PET plastic, making for a handsome woven strap on to house the 42 mm watch case.
A portion of proceeds from the Jack Mason Solar Powered watch go to Conservation International, so it’s an easy way to step up your wristwatch game and help keep the Lorex from further paving over earth’s precious spaces.
- Sustainably-made yet impeccably stylish design
- Solar-powered battery doesn’t need to be replaced and can retain 6 months of use on a single charge from either indoor or outdoor light
- Includes a Rite in the Rain weatherproof, 100% recycled notebook and two pencils made from recycled newspaper
- Highly durable case made from recycled stainless steel
- Two straps included and made from renewable resources: Recycled PET plastics and renewable cork
- Highly scratch- and shatter-resistant sapphire glass crystal
- Water resistant up to 100 meters
- Each watch sold helps to support Conservation International’s forest conservation efforts
- Packaged in 100% recycled packaging
- Covered by Jack Mason’s 10-year warranty against defects in materials or workmanship under normal use
The BroBible team writes about gear that we think you want. Occasionally, we write about items that are a part of one of our affiliate partnerships and we will get a percentage of the revenue from sales.