It’s just a fact that leather just makes great luggage even better. Once you start traveling with a leather bag, you’ll never go back to polyester luggage, even for the simplest of trips. Like any coveted Everyday Carry item, leather backpacks, duffels, and toiletry bags become a crucial essential to the style and swagger of your wanderlust.
Last year we featured Kodiak Leather’s handsome weekender duffel, a bag made to truly wow all your friends on your next fly fishing trip to Montana. The bags are the brainchild of Jared Morse, an outdoorsman based in Lehi, Utah who grew frustrated at the cost and functionality of premium leather luggage. So he created his own brand: Kodiak Leather, crafting custom bags that can stand every day use, from the plane to the trail.
The most recent item in their catalog is the Kobuk Roll-Top Leather Backpack. It’s a rugged, roll-top leather backpack inspired by Alaskan adventures. Build with the oudoors in mind, it can also handle your daily commute to the office or a day trek on your favorite trail. There are pockets for water bottles, phones, and all the other essentials you need for road dog life.
- Top-grain leather
- Padded, adjustable Backpack Straps
- Zippered opening to keep items secure
- Adjustable buckle closure on main bag opening
- Adjustable magnetic buckle closure on front pocket
- Zippered side pocket to keep phone, wallet or keys secure
- Easy access open side pocket for water bottle or other smaller items
- D-ring on each side for carabiner, water bottle, ID, or luggage tags
- Fully padded laptop sleeve on the back wall of the bag (Will fit 13″ or 15″laptops)
- Large front pocket with flap for added security and weather-proofing
- Top backpack handle for easy carry
- Interior phone pocket on front of laptop sleeve
- 3 interior pen holders on front of laptop sleeve
- 1 interior metal doghook for keys on front of laptop sleeve
It’s now available on Kickstarter, racking up hundreds of backers in a few short days. It also comes in three awesome colors: Antique Brown (on the left), Midnight Black (in the middle), and Dark Walnut (on the right).
If it’s time for an upgrade to something a little more upscale without breaking the bank, check out the Kobuk Roll-Top Leather Backpack. Early bird perk are going EXTREMELY fast, like a salmon swimming away from a grizzly bear.
The BroBible team writes about gear that we think you want. Occasionally, we write about items that are a part of one of our affiliate partnerships and we will get a percentage of the revenue from sales.