I’ve told this story before here on BroBible but I’ll breeze through it again quickly. A few years ago I was out Brook Trout fishing in The Adirondacks on a remote stream that had been sort of dammed up by beavers so the stream itself had lost its shape. A violent thunderstorm rolled in over the mountain insanely fast and I got mixed up and turned around, lost in the woods without knowing how to get back.
Eventually, I calmed down and meticulously traced my steps as best as I could and made it back after a few hours but in that span and I went through every possible survival scenario I’d ever learned in The Boy Scouts. One thing I was never going to do was drink the stained brown water without a Lifestraw Personal Water Filter because as thirsty as I was, catching Giardia from the stream seemed A LOT worse. Had I brought my Lifestraw Personal Water Filter I would’ve been chugging water to my heart’s delight.
The Lifestraw Personal Water Filter is ingenious. It allows you to pretty much drink from any water source around and it protects against 99.999999% of bacteria. Do you SEE how effective that thing is?!?! It wipes out 99.999999% of bacteria AND it removes 99.999% of microplastics, dirt, sand, and cloudiness. You can take this while hiking, paddling, camping, or anywhere else in life and just drink straight from natural water and not worry about getting destroyed by bacteria. Check it out:
Full features of the Lifestraw Personal Water Filter include:
- Lightweight and portable filter that uses hollow fiber membrane microfilters to filter out bacteria, parasites, microplastics, and sediment
- Protects against 99.999999% of bacteria (including E.coli and Salmonella)
- Removes 99.999% of parasites (including Giardia and Cryptosporidium)
- Removes 99.999% of microplastics, dirt, sand, and cloudiness
- Long-lasting filter can be used to filter up to 1,000 gallons of water before needing to be replaced
- Unlimited shelf life makes it perfect for emergency preparedness kits
- Usage is similar to using a drinking straw
- Includes lanyard and caps for both the mouth and end pieces
- Meets US EPA & NSF P231 standards for the removal of bacteria and parasites
- Each purchase supports clean drinking water for children in underdeveloped countries
You can pick up the Lifestraw Personal Water Filter for only $20 at Huckberry right now. It comes in the Army Green colorway and their traditional Blue color for you to choose from. This really is a device that everyone should have even if it sits in the truck or garage 364 days a year. When you’re heading outdoors you should toss this in your bag and it’s also just a fun tool to have and show people how clever the design is. You can click here to purchase or follow that ‘shop now’ button below!
Cass is a partner at BroBible and he’s been found here for the better part of a decade. He’s based out of Florida and you can contact him on Twitter at @casspa or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
The BroBible team writes about gear that we think you want. Occasionally, we write about items that are a part of one of our affiliate partnerships and we will get a percentage of the revenue from sales.