Trick Everyone Into Thinking You’re A Professional Chef With These Three Cheap Ingredients
The biggest difference between a good amateur cook and a chef isn’t typically technique, it’s the ingredients. Chefs put in as much work as anyone on the planet, don’t get me wrong here. I’m not saying they don’t work their absolute asses off because they do, what I’m saying is they go the extra mile by cooking with the freshest and best ingredients, items you won’t typically find in a home kitchen.
Los Poblanos is a New Mexico-based farm that grows the freshest ingredients and makes some items that’ll instantly trick your friends into thinking you’re a semi-pro in the kitchen. The farm sits on 25 lush acres with the Rio Grande running right through it, and I’ve pulled some items I really think you bros are going to like.
Below we’ve got the Southwest Salt Set which includes four flavored salts that’ll help you add some Southwestern punch to your meals. They’ve also got a tangy and fiery hot sauce that’s perfect for adding heat. Third, we’ve got a Dipping Herb Trio Set that brings the best of Southwestern flavors to your plate. Let’s check ’em out:
1) Woodfire: hints of campfire and mesquite style BBQ
2) Chimayo: named after the town outside of Santa Fe, this chili based seasoning adds a smoky tang without overpowering the natural flavors of the meal
3) Fuego: this grainy mix of seasonings evoke a fiery and earthy essence of flavors
4) Oaxacan: the smokiness of mezcal infused with the oakiness of woodfire BBQ
Small batch hot sauce handcrafted by the chefs in Los Poblanos’ restaurant, Campo.
1) Herbs de Poblanos: classic blend of lavender, thyme, rosemary, savory, tarragon, oregano, and bay leaf
2) Chile Rojo: New Mexican red chile flakes and powder, ancho, pasilla negro, coriander, onion, mulato, lime (pairs great with an olive oil of your choosing)
3) The Classic: New Mexican red chile flakes, thyme, rosemary, basil, oregano, parsley, garlic (pairs great with an olive oil of your choosing)
You can shop all of the items above by clicking the ‘shop now’ link below. They also have a few cool items I didn’t include above. So you can shop the full collection below!
The BroBible team writes about gear that we think you want. Occasionally, we write about items that are a part of one of our affiliate partnerships and we will get a percentage of the revenue from sales.