This Week in Trance: A ‘Cold Glance’ and ‘Warm Touch’
Editor’s Note: Each Wednesday, Nellie Recordings co-owner Kristoffer Ljungberg offers up his take on the current state of House/Trance music.
Edu’s amazing release “Cold Glance / Warm Touch” is finally out on Beatport. With great response and support from big DJs like Paul Van Dyk, Daniel Kandi, and Bobina, we’re very proud and excited about the reaction from the people. Check out another YouTube clip here, and after the jump you’ll find this week’s Top 5 hot tracks.
1. Late Night Alumni — “You Can Be The One (Sultan & Ned Shepard Remix)” — Amazing music from the always so hot Sultan & Ned Shepard. Incorporating the vocals in a very nice way and when it finally blooms, it’s just as beautiful as you imagined.
2. Ben Preston Feat Susie — “Why We Run (Moonbeam Remix)” — The russian duo Moonbeam never fails when it comes to their melodic work. This one is just great.
3. French Government — “Shining Heart” — French Government with a great track for the Emotive Sounds imprint. Melodic and beautiful. Nuff said!
4. Phonat — “Set Me Free (Avicii Remix)” — The wonderkid Avicii with a MASSIVE track. Probably one of his phatest ones too. Expect more from this kid in the future since he got a lot of incredible stuff going on!
5. Dave Cortex — “Back Alley Hustle” — Dave Cortex’s upcoming EP on Nellie Recordings. This is just a cool track and a bit different from what we normally hear. “