Bama Wins, Bad Jobs Numbers, and Leno is Very Angry at NBC
[inline:tide]Here’s today’s morning buzz…
- Here’s what Colt McCoy said last night about his arm: “I have no pain in my arm, I just can’t feel my arm.” Needless to say, Alabama won. [SI.com]
- Here are the types of Crimson Tide hotties celebrating this morning. [Gunaxin]
- The nation lost 85,000 jobs in December, dashing hopes of a swift recovery. [CNBC]
- 20 hot girls playing pool. [Manofest]
- H&M and Wal-Mart are destroying their unsold clothes and merchandise. H&M promised to stop. Suggestions include donating their unwanted wares to charity (duh). [New York Times]
- How do you wipe? [NextRound.net]
- The apparent plan for NBC Late Night is Leno for a half hour at 11:35, followed by Conan, followed by Fallon. Leno’s not very happy about things. Check out his monologue after the jump… [Deadline]
Happy birthday to Katie Couric, it’s her birthday today. She left NBC for another network. I have to give her call to see how that is working out. As you may have heard, there is a rumor floating around that we were cancelled. I heard it coming in this morning on the radio. So far no one has said anything to me. But, Kev, if we did get cancelled, it will give us time to do some traveling. I understand that Fox is beautiful this time of year.
I don’t think there is any truth to the rumors. See, it’s always been my experience that NBC only cancels you when you’re in first place. So we are fine. We are OK…
[Later, Leno inserted this comment after a joke.] You know what happened? NBC found four guns in my locker. I was suspended. [Kevin says, I’m glad they didn’t find them in my locker.] We will keep following this story….
[Later, Leno returns to NBC yet again.] The Justice Department announced they will conduct an anti-trust review of Comcast’s proposed deal to merge with NBC. An anti-trust review. Which is the relationship i have with NBC. Anti-trust. Hey Kev, what does NBC stand for? Never believe your contract.” “