Chef Josh Capon Puts Together the Ultimate Super Bowl Party Menu
[inline:cap]We’ve told you before about the ultimate Bro chef, Josh Capon, who’s the executive chef at Lure Fishbar, one of our favorite restaurants in all of New York. Chef Capon gets the spotlight treatment on ABC’s Nightline tonight with his menu for the ultimate Super Bowl party. For 14 years, Chef Capon has thrown a no-wives-allowed party with all the fixin’s, and after hearing him explain that he loves eating so much that he could be “500 pounds tomorrow,” it’s one party we wish we were invited to. The hilarious and informative video is after the jump, along with some crazy Super Bowl Sunday food consumption facts (i.e. how many million pounds of chicken wings will be eaten on Sunday), as well as recipes for Chef Capon’s patented Chicken Lollipops and bleu cheese dressing.
Super Bowl Food Facts:
- Super Bowl Sunday is the second biggest food consumption day of the year, after Thanksgiving.
- Super Bowl watchers will eat 90 million pounds of wings and devour 49.5 million pounds of guacamole.
- About 44 million pounds of potato chips will be eaten on Super Bowl Sunday.
- Super Bowl Sunday is Domino’s Pizza’s biggest day of the year, selling more than 1.2 million pies. Pizza Hut expects to prepare 2 million pies.
- About 8.2 million pounds of tortilla chips will be consumed on Super Bowl Sunday.
- Average football fan game watchers consume some 1500 calories in snacks.
Chef Capon’s Super Bowl Recipes:
Crispy Chicken Lollipops:
24 pieces semi boneless chicken wings
salt and pepper
2 cups Franks hot sauce
1 Tbsp. butter
Bleu Cheese dressing (recipe below)
Garnish with sliced carrots and celery
Butcher the chicken wing to remove one of the two bones. Push the meat to one side. Season with salt and pepper and toss in flour. Fry in 350 degree oil till very crispy. Toss in hot sauce, finish with a pad of butter serve with bleu cheese on the side.
Bleu Cheese Dressing
2 chopped shallots
2 chopped garlic cloves
0.5 pound of cream cheese
1 lb bleu cheese
1 cup buttermilk
1 tsp hot sauce
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 Tbsp. malt vinegar
salt and pepper