Experts Break Down Everything Santa Would Need to Actually Deliver Toys to 760 Million Children
The biggest thing Santa would need is about 12 MILLION total workers (Or 40 times more than Fed-Ex currently has) but here's what else he would need (if magic wasn't a thing, of course) to do his job according experts from Fed-Ex and UPS who shared their sobering info with NPR:
* 46 international distribution centers, to allow Santa to reload as he crosses the globe. That means 400,000 workers for loading presents onto Santa's sleigh.
* 60,000 workers to develop optimized flight plans and communicate with the FAA, secure flyover rights, etc.
* 7,000 people monitoring demand and tweaking his route in real time.
* 100 meteorologists to make sure Santa doesn't fly into a blizzard.
* 40,000 people to help Santa clear customs.
Credit: Lam Thuy Vo and Chana Joffe-Walt/NPR