What’s Sweet (and Not) at the Gym, on the Field, and Elsewhere
I am often approached by buddies regarding issues, people, or trends with the question, “Is that sweet?” In fact, I often ask myself the same question. With this in mind, each week I will hopefully provide some clarity to this question. Check out What Was Sweet the last few weeks here. Here's this week's edition:
- Being referred to as a “power player” (in any instance, not necessarily athletics).
- Asking your drug dealer for change.
- Sporting significant girth in the locker room.
- Lifting outside (sweet even if you're not boozing and actually trying to get a burn).
- Referring to ab workouts as dessert.
- Guys who scream real loud when they bust nuts (i.e. black male adult entertainmentstars).
- Telling chicks they can't do certain things (i.e. if they want to play golf with you).
- Talking about man crushes before it was en vogue.
- Always keeping your composure.
- Confiding more in a spotter at the gym whom you've just met than your wife of 20 years.
- Walking into a bar holding a chick's hand.
- Girls who cried when Obama was elected president.
- Dudes who make loud noises and scream in the gym (especially if they're wearing lifting gloves).
- Announcing at the beginning of the night you “don't want to do too much tonight…”
- First time you get caught jerking off by a family member.
- Winning every sprint at the end of practice.
- Saying you have “good taste.”
- Being really stubborn about the type of girl you like (i.e. not getting with a girl because she's a brunette and you like blondes).
- Being at a ballgame with your buddies, going to take a piss and not coming back with beers.
- Everything about E's character from “Entourage.”
Could Be Sweet or Not Sweet
- Older men who fight young kids for foul balls at games.