High School Football Defenses Still Unable to Defend No-Look Passes
During a game between the Ravenna (Ohio) Ravens and the Field (Ohio) Falcons, Ravens senior quarterback Tate Bennett was having an abysmal game. Having already been picked off twice by the Falcons, Bennett rebounded late in the game, engineering a lengthy drive with the team trailing 14-9. Facing a 4th-and-4 from the Field’s 7-yard-line and less than a minute remaining, Bennett saved his best display of clutch heroics for last.
Bennett took the snap and with the Falcons covering the play brilliantly, he was running out of options quickly. The Falcons defense converged upon Bennett and with the defense wrapping him up and dragging him to the turf, Bennett, facing away from the end zone, heaved a blind pass over his shoulder that miraculously ended up in the hands of sophomore Warren Bradley in the end zone. Ballgame. Ravenna wins 15-14.
It’s truly better to be lucky than good.
Funny Links Around the Web
- 7 Tips for Not Screwing Up College [Cracked]
- The 25 Hottest Tailgating Pictures in College Football [Bleacher Report]
- 40 Insanely Hot Yoga Girls [The Chive]
- 20 Crazy Sexy Halloween Costume Ideas [TruTV]
- About to Hook-Up? Here are 7 Different Ways it Can Turn Out [Guyspeed]
- 5 Incredibly Weird Real-Life College Mascots [Double Viking]