Here Are The Top 10 Global Moments On Facebook Of 2016 (Plus The 10 Most Popular FB Videos)
It’s been a long year, one we won’t soon forget, and as we march towards 2017 it’s time to look back at what the biggest stories of the year were (on social media). Earlier today, Facebook released the top 10 most talked about global moments of 2016, as well as the 10 most popular Facebook videos of the past year.
Facebook released this news earlier today, shortly before Chief Operating Officer Sheryl Sandberg went on the TODAY Show where she was asked about problematic fake news being shared on Facebook. Sherly once again reiterated that Facebook doesn’t believe pro-Trump/anti-Clinton fake news being shared MORE THAN real news had any sway on the election. But I don’t think anyone ever expects Facebook to acknowledge they might’ve swayed the election in one way or the other.
Anyways, here are the top 10 most talked about global moments of 2016 on Facebook (via TODAY.com), and #1 isn’t a shocker:
1. The United States Presidential Election.
2. Brazilian politics — The impeachment of former Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff back in August.
4. The Black Lives Matter movement.
5. Rodrigo Duterte and the Philippines Presidential Election.
6. The Rio Summer Olympics.
7. Brexit (and the impending collapse of Europe)
9. The tragic death of legendary rocker David Bowie.
10. The death of Muhammad Ali, perhaps the greatest boxer to ever live.
No shocker at all that the U.S. Presidential Election came it at #1, but I am surprised the death of Prince didn’t make the top 10.
Now for the Top 10 Facebook Videos of 2016, based on global views. Here’s #’s 1-3:
#1: Chewbacca Mom
#2: Ted Yoder’s ‘Soundscapes’
#3: Buzzfeed‘s countdown to the Presidential Election:
If you want to see #’s 4-10 you can CLICK HERE to head on over to TODAY.com!