Current Open Positions At Horseneck Media, LLC
Branded Content Copywriter And Content Creator – BroBible
We are looking for a full-time copywriter and content creator to join the branded partnership team at BroBible.com. The ideal candidate will have a strong written voice and original perspective, crafting impactful content for the brands that advertise with BroBible and on our social channels. Additionally, they must be a savvy visual storyteller, with a willingness to create product photos, image assets, and social videos that showcase the products and services on BroBible. They must have a basic understanding of SEO, e-commerce marketing best practices, and what drives audiences to engage and make purchasing decisions from content.
Bonus points if you’ve worked in a digital publishing environment on successful strategies with affiliate networks like Impact Radius, CJ, Ascend, and Awin.
The ideal candidate will help the branded content team ideate original concepts for specific partnerships. They will be a team player who can balance managing long-term projects with short-term priorities on the partnership calendar. They will be able to turn around clean copy on deadline – occasionally with short notice – all while working independently in a remote newsroom environment.
The ideal candidate has 2+ years of editorial experience with another publisher or agency, with a keen interest in brand strategy, e-commerce, social media, and/or advertising.
- Create consumer-facing written content for BroBible.com advertising partners per goals of partnership, embracing the site’s voice and tone.
- Create and/or edit visual assets to accompany a brand’s spon con on BroBible, including photos and social videos.
- Ideate branded content ideas for specific partnerships from brand briefs, working directly with the BroBible advertising and partnership team.
- Create seasonal content tentpoles (ie: gift and gear guides) important to BroBible’s overall business goals.
- Learn, identify, and utilize successful editorial techniques and devices for driving users to calls to action for branded content
- Identify unique opportunities for partnership content in the advertising proposal process, collaborating with the BroBible advertising and partnership team.
- Monitor traffic and analytics to sponsored content across BroBible’s channels, identifying ways to optimize copy and creative assets of BroBible materials to hit partnership goals.
- Identify and prioritize e-commerce content lanes and opportunities where BroBible might succeed and stand out from other publishers.
- Collaborate with the BroBible editorial and advertising team on the bigger picture, including ways to grow traffic and become more impactful, with a willingness to take on projects as they arise.
- Minimum 2+ years of experience working in a digital media environment, with a focus on copywriting, branded content, brand strategy, product marketing, ecom, and/or affiliate marketing – preferably for a men’s lifestyle, sports, entertainment, gaming, or e-commerce website.
- Proven ability to turn around clean, well-written copy on deadline, with minimal oversight.
- Proven ability to juggle multiple projects at once and independently prioritize based on overall team goals.
- Should have a collaborative spirit and be energetic and approachable, whether in person or via email.
- Enthusiastic about digital media and content creation, with a positive attitude toward advertising and how BroBible fits in a brand’s overall strategy.
- Basic understanding of Google Analytics and/or affiliate platforms and their importance to an enterprise digital media operation’s overall business goals.
- A collaborative attitude towards all aspects of the BroBible organization, including the editorial team.
- Remote position. Note that key principles of the BroBible advertising and partnership team are based in Los Angeles.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Interested? Tell us a little bit about yourself. Send your resume and links to your work to the email in this listing.
Our application process includes…
- Phone call interviews with key principles on advertising and partnership team
- Edit test to check your knowledge
Email brandon@broBible(dot)com to apply for this position. Include resume and links or attachments to relevant writing samples.
SEO Writer and Editor
We are in search of a writer/editor with an in-depth and demonstrable knowledge of search engine optimization (SEO), especially as it pertains to the blogging and the new media space.
The ideal candidate understands the intricacies of the ever-changing SEO landscape and is familiar with the BroBible brand and the type of stories that are relevant to its readers as well as the scope of the existing and potential readership.
They will be tasked with optimizing archival content, working in conjunction with our editorial team to institute ideal practices in everything from breaking news stories to evergreen content, and identifying topics and keywords with a widespread appeal to our audience. In addition to updating preexisting posts, candidates will write and assemble original articles with the ultimate goal of increasing our monthly readership via SEO.
- Extensive knowledge of SEO strategy and practices required to maximize the visibility of both new and preexisting pieces
- Strong skills as a writer and editor along with a proven work history in both areas
- Ability to identify, monitor, and competently cover emerging trends and stories concerning topics of interest to the BroBible audience, including (but not limited to) lifestyle, pop culture, and sports
- Hands-on experience with WordPress and Google Analytics
- B.A. degree in Journalism, English, Marketing, Communications or a related field
- Routinely curate relevant topics and keywords with the potential to generate substantial traffic
- Proofread, edit, and improve pre-existing stories as well as writing new pieces
- Consistently monitor article performance and movement as it pertains to search
- Stay on top of algorithmic changes and other factors pertaining to the best SEO practices
- Comply with media law and ethical guidelines
Email Connor@BroBible(dot)com to apply for this position. Include resume and links or attachments to relevant writing samples.