10. Modern Warfare 3 Is Currently The Fastest Selling Game Of All Time
In the first month alone, Modern Warfare 3 sold 8.8 million copies. It broke every record that was set prior, surpassing previous record holders like Call of Duty: Black Ops which had sold 8 Million copies. However, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 only sold 7.4 Million in its first month, which could be signaling a decline in the series.
9. Modern Warfare 3 Made More Money Than Hollywood During Its Launch
The current highest grossing movie is Avatar and within its first five days, Modern Warfare 3 blew it out of the water by making $775 million. Another interesting little tidbit is that if you combine the life-long sales of Avatar, Titanic and The Avengers – which are the three highest grossing movies of all time, they still don’t make it to the 6 Billion dollar mark, which Call of Duty had made by the time Modern Warfare 3 had come out.
8. Thirty-One Billion Care Packages Have Been Dropped
The publisher disclosed that 31 Billion care packages have been dropped by Call of Duty players. The amount is great enough to build 15,000 Great Pyramids of Giza and 100 Great Walls of China.
7. Call Of Duty Has Been Played For 25 Billion Hours
When you add up all the time spent by every gamer playing Call of Duty back-to-back, it equals 2.85 Million years of playtime. Humans haven’t even existed on Earth that long. Call of Duty has far surpassed evolution, itself!
6. Over Five Billion Cars Have Been Destroyed In Call Of Duty Games
Though it’s possible in the gaming world, it’s actually impossible to replicate this in real life. Worldwide, there’s only about one billion vehicles registered and to blow them up and replace them 5 times over would take forever.
5. When Modern Warfare 3 Launched, Over 1.4 Billion Multiplayer Call Of Duty Matches Had Been Played
Billions (not millions)…BILLIONS of Call of Duty multiplayer matches had already been played way before Modern Warfare 3, Black Ops 2 or even the upcoming Ghosts had even come out. 1.4 billion matches in total, which is way more than all recorded conflicts in human history combined.
4. Call Of Duty’s Daily Players Could Fill 80 Of The World’s Largest Sports Stadiums
In the days of Black Ops and Modern Warfare 2, Activision logged over 5 million people playing Call of Duty at once. That’s much greater than the population of nearly every city in the United States, other than New York.
3. Modern Warfare Was The First M Rated Call Of Duty Game
It’s amusing how they rate game violence – World War II violence is tame enough to be rated T, but modern day nukes definitely fall under an M rating.
2. 32.3 Quadrillion Shots Have Been Fired In Call Of Duty
Yes, Quadrillion is a word and YES, 32.3 Quadrillion shots have been fired in Call of Duty. There’s less stars in the Milky Way than there are shots being fired in Call of Duty games.
1. One Hundred Million People Have Played Call Of Duty
100 Million people have played Call of Duty, which pretty much means if everyone who’s ever played Call of Duty formed a country, they’d have a greater population than Germany, France and the UK. They’d also be a pretty badass military threat – since that’s a larger population than most countries.
For more video game news, head over to Soletron.