In a time of such economic turmoil and uncertainty, it would be extremely wise to know which cars and trucks will hold their value, especially when you’re not certain how long you will be able to maintain your current employment and income level. Nobody says you shouldn’t purchase a new car or truck, but it would be wise to invest in a car or truck that will depreciate as little as possible, just in case you are forced to sell your automobile in the event of an emergency or economic incertitude.
At this point, most people should all understand that a new vehicle depreciates in value the second that it drives off the car dealer’s lot. So what cars and trucks can you purchase that won’t transform into immediate money pits?
We will start with the vehicles that have the least depreciation.
1. Jeep Wrangler Unlimited depreciates 30.9% after five years
2. Toyota Tacoma depreciates 32.4%
3. Jeep Wrangler depreciates 32.8%
4. Porsche 911 depreciates 36%
5. Toyota Tundra depreciates 37%
See the top 10 list HERE.
Now for the automobiles that depreciate the most in 5 years.
1. BMW 7 series depreciates 72.6% in five years
2. BMW 5 series depreciates 70.1%
3. Nissan Leaf depreciates 70.1%
4. Audi A6 depreciates 69%
5. Maserati Ghibli depreciates 69%
So it appears that SUVs and Jeeps hold their value far better than sedans over five years.