One such place was in Plymouth, Massachusetts where folks in attendance got a show they will never forget, but definitely not one that they expected. For you see, their fireworks show was cut very short when a malfunction caused most of the fireworks to go off all at once.
Just 15 minutes into the show something went very wrong when one of the barges containing the night’s fireworks display caught fire and then spread to a second barge also containing more pyrotechnics.
Amazingly, somehow no one was reported to have been injured by any of the fireworks that went off unexpectedly.
Witness Julia Nittler said that when it happened it “shook the whole Earth.”
Firefighters reportedly were able to put out the flames on the barges in a matter of 10 minutes.
Today, the Plymouth fire department warned that because of the massive malfunction a bunch of unexploded firework shells may still be floating in the water and could wash up on shore in the coming days.
The State Fire Marshall’s office is currently investigating the incident.
Related: Shooting Fireworks Out Of Butt Fail