This Crispy Honey-Glazed Fried Chicken Looks So Divine It Will Turn You Into A Religious Man
If you’re not already hungry this video is about to change that. This recipe clip from Tasty shows how to make Crispy Honey-Glazed Fried Chicken at home. It has been a few weeks since I last had fried chicken, and I passed on ordering the Fried Chicken and Waffles at brunch on Sunday for some reason, a decision that I’ve been regretting ever since. So when I came across this video it stopped me in my tracks.
There’s no shortage of recipe videos on the Internet, but few are as visually stimulating as this Crispy Honey-Glazed Fried Chicken clip from BuzzFeed’s Tasty. Just seeing that chicken put me in a better mood.
Now, if you prefer to read your recipes instead of watching videos, here’s a text copy of the recipe taken from the YouTube video’s description:
Crispy Honey-glazed Fried Chicken
2 tablespoons salt
3 tablespoons black pepper
2 tablespoons onion powder
2 tablespoons garlic powder
3 tablespoons paprika
2 tablespoons cumin
2 tablespoons oregano
2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
3 cups all-purpose flour
8 bone-in, skin-on chicken drumsticks and thighs
3 cups buttermilk
Oil, for frying
Honey, for serving
1. In a medium bowl, add the salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, cumin, oregano, and cayenne and mix until combined.
2. Pour half of the spice mix into the flour, mixing until the spices are evenly distributed throughout the flour.
3. Add the chicken to a bowl, and sprinkle the remaining spice blend over it. Mix until all the chicken pieces are evenly coated.
4. Pour the buttermilk over the chicken, and stir until the residual spices from the chicken have blended in with the buttermilk to create a light orange color.
5. Marinate the chicken in the fridge for 2 to 8 hours.
6. Heat oil to about 325°F (170°C) in a large cast iron skillet.
7. Dredge each piece of chicken into the flour, shaking off any excess. Dip them back into the buttermilk mixture, then back into the flour. Make sure to shake off excess flour or it’ll burn while frying.
8. Fry 3-4 chicken pieces at a time, occasionally turning the pieces over. Cook for about 10-12 minutes, until golden brown and crispy.
9. Rest the chicken pieces on a wire rack to let excess oil drain off.
10. Drizzle with honey, then serve!
Now, go forth into the world and cook up the best fried chicken you’ve ever had.