Federal Judge Halts The President’s Immigration Executive Order, State Dept. Reinstates Visas – Trump Fires Back

by 1 year ago

A federal judge in Seattle has halted President Donald J. Trump’s executive order on immigration that he signed last Friday. U.S. District Court Senior Judge James L. Robart from Seattle granted a nationwide temporary restraining order on the immigration ban on Friday night. The U.S. State Department said it will now allow people with valid visas into the United States. Since the federal judge’s ruling, U.S. Customs and Border Protection notified airlines that the United States would reinstate visas that were previously canceled.

“We have reversed the provisional revocation of visas,” the State Department official said in a statement. “Those individuals with visas that were not physically canceled may now travel if the visa is otherwise valid.”

Sean Spicer, Trump’s press secretary, has issued a statement declaring that the White House intends on challenging the ruling.

“At the earliest possible time, the Department of Justice intends to file an emergency stay of this order and defend the executive order of the President, which we believe is lawful and appropriate,” Spicer said.

The POTUS had a much more brash reaction and lashed back at the decision on Twitter. He called Robart a “so-called judge” and said the decision was “ridiculous” and would be “overturned.”

Trump’s executive order prevented travelers with passports from Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, and Yemen to enter the U.S. as well as temporarily halting the entry of refugees into the country.

[NBCNews]


TAGSDonald TrumpImmigrationPoliticspotusPresident Trump

Join The Discussion