It’s that time of year again! Time for little girls to hassle people outside grocery stores and in train stations. “Want to buy some Girl Scout Cookies mister?” “Sure! I’ll store them in the closet with the five hundred other fucking boxes of Girl Scout Cookies that I was guilted into buying! Here’s all my money. MMMMFUCKINGSOMOAS!”
Sure, Girl Scout Cookies are delicious, but it’s always necessary to wash the cookies down with a cold beverage. Milk is for pussies. Is it weird I call cats pussies and not just cats? Beer is for bros, bros crushing boxes of Thin Mints.
The people at Craft Beer & Brewing took the time to figure out which beers go best with which Girl Scout Cookies. It takes all the guess work out of it for us and we spend less time thinking in the liquor store and more time drinking in front of our pantry.
Here’s the Editor’s Picks for this year.
- Samoas with Firestone Walker Sucaba or Schlafly Bière de Garde.
- Tagalongs with Off Color Brewing’s Dino Smores or Founders Big Lushious.
- Thin Mints with Alesmith Speedway Stout or Perennial 17 Mint Chocolate Stout.
- Lemonades with 4 Hands Brewing’s Contact High or Drake’s Hefeweizen.
- Trefoils with Smuttynose Baltic Porter or Oskar Blues Old Chub.
- Do-si-dos with Alaskan Brewing’s Oatmeal Stout or Deschutes Obsidian.
- Savannah Smiles with Westbrook White Thai or Jester King Bière de Miel.
Sounds fantastic. I’ll try them all. Right now. If I run out of beer, I’ll make a liquor run. If I run out of cookies, I’ll just get more because THERE ARE GIRL SCOUTS ON EVERY CORNER RIGHT NOW!
(Walks out of office, bumps into Girl Scout)
[H/T: Craft Beer and Brewing]