Pentagon officials have confirmed the existence of footage showing the multiple UFOs being shot down over America and Canada, but refuse to release any of it.
The four UFOs that were “decommissioned” earlier this year appeared off the coast of South Carolina, over Deadhorse, Alaska, the Yukon in Canada, and over the Great Lakes.
The first to be shot down was confirmed to be a Chinese spy balloon, which China, of course, claimed was nothing more than a weather balloon gone astray.
The three subsequent take-downs of UFOs, however, have yet to be identified – at least to the public.
Cockpit audio from F-16 pilots who shot down the UFO over Lake Huron was released, but a United States Department of Defense spokesman told DailyMail.com they would not release any images or video of the UFOs being shot down. Officials also added that there is currently no timeline for when or if the images and/or video of the incidents and subsequent wreckage would be available.
“I can tell you that there is not currently any images or video footage that we can release,” the Pentagon press officer told DailyMail.com.
“The imagery remains classified, and I have not received any information as to the potential timeline on a change in classification.”
In a similar request, the website PetaPixel was also told by a Pentagon spokesman, “Footage of aircraft interactions with the high-altitude objects does exist — but remains classified. Release of the images and footage is not possible at this time. No timeline has been provided for future release.”
Interestingly, when a Russian jet appeared to deliberately collide with a US surveillance drone earlier this month, the Pentagon was very quick to declassify that footage.
The differences in the stances on the release of footage of the incidents by the Pentagon has led to much speculation as to why.
One reason for the DoD’s hesitance to release images of the UFOs being shot down that is being postulated has to do with an Illinois-based hobbyist club.
If American fighter jets used a $400,000 Sidewinder missile to shoot down a $12 balloon that was launched by the Northern Illinois Bottlecap Balloon Brigade, as they speculated, that is probably something the United States government would prefer to keep quiet.
According to a report by Aviation Week…
The club’s silver-coated, party-style, “pico balloon” reported its last position on Feb. 10 at 38,910 ft. off the west coast of Alaska, and a popular forecasting tool — the HYSPLIT model provided by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) — projected the cylindrically shaped object would be floating high over the central part of the Yukon Territory on Feb. 11. That is the same day a Lockheed Martin F-22 shot down an unidentified object of a similar description and altitude in the same general area.
PetaPixel also reported that UFO researcher John Greenewald had his Freedom of Information Act requests to see the images rejected.
He was told by an Air Force official that releasing the images would reveal “intelligence activities (including covert action), intelligence sources or methods” and “scientific, technological, or economic matters relating to the national security.”
The governments of both Canada and the United States say they have halted any searches for the wreckage of the UFOs that were shot down.