As a part of their annual series of year-end lists, Time magazine has put together a list of the 10 worst songs of 2016.
I am not sure what criteria they used to determine their rankings here, but I think most of us will agree that several of these songs are pretty awful.
Justin Timberlake told Jimmy Fallon the other night that he thought “Can’t Stop The Feeling” was the best song of his career and the thing he’ll be most fondly remembered for. According to Time, that might not be a good thing.
Also, spare a thought for poor Meghan Trainor because she somehow managed to make the list not once, but twice.
Here are the rest of the worst with videos for the “top” five, because I know you want to hear them so much…
10. “7 Years,” Lukas Graham
9. “Private Show,” Britney Spears
8. “NO,” Meghan Trainor
7. “i hate u, i love u,” gnash
6. “I Took a Pill in Ibiza,” Mike Posner
5. “Bad Things,” Machine Gun Kelly
4. “Ghostbusters (I’m Not Afraid),” Fall Out Boy & Missy Elliott
3. “Team,” Iggy Azalea
2. “Mom,” Meghan Trainor
1. “Can’t Stop the Feeling,” Justin Timberlake
For all of the hows and whys of this list as well as videos for the rest of the top 10, plus many other year-end lists, head on over to Time.