The body transformation of rapper Busta Rhymes has been nothing short of amazing.
The 48-year-old musician, producer, and performer has shared photos of his progress on his Instagram account and recently sat down with Men’s Health to discuss his workouts and how he managed to balloon up to 340 pounds over the last few years.
“Believe it or not, I made the album when I was at my most unhealthy,” Rhymes told Men’s Health. “I was so focused on the music being the best that it could be, I didn’t put any time into taking care of myself.”
A health scare led to Rhymes getting serious about his conditioning and overall lifestyle. Sleep apnea issues forced Rhymes to go to the doctor and tests revealed polyps in his throat.
The Men’s Health crew followed Busta Rhymes to the gym to witness one of his upper-body workouts with his bodybuilding coach, Victor Munoz.
Here’s a breakdown of the workout if you didn’t catch all of those exercises or don’t feel like watching the video again,
BUSTA RHYMES’ TRANSFORMATION WORKOUT
1. Straight-Arm Pulldown (4 sets of 15 reps)
2. Machine Pullover (4 sets of 15 reps)
3. Smith-Machine Bench Press (3 sets: 15, 12, 10 reps)
5. Knee Raises (3 sets of 15 reps)
5. Machine ab roller (3 sets of 20 reps)
6. Incline Cable Fly (4 sets of 15 reps)
7. Machine Chest Press (3 sets: 15, 12, 10 reps)
8. Standing Dumbbell Curl (3 sets: 15, 12, 10 reps)
9. Triceps Press Down (4-5 sets of 15 reps)
10. Dumbbell Hammer Curls (4 sets of 15 reps)
Love running and fitness? Check out our podcast “We Run This” where we talk about running and the running lifestyle. It’s the running podcast made for athletes of all shapes and sizes.