Back in May of 2018, when we first laid eyes on the forthcoming $1.4 million Brabham Automotive BT62 track-only supercar, the only thing we didn’t like about it was the fact that it was a track-only supercar.
Fast forward to today and Brabham Automotive has announced, finally, that they will be taking the BT62 to the city streets with a new road variant of their stunning supercar, the Brabham BT62R.
The track-only mid-engine Brabham BT62 boasts a 700-horsepower naturally-aspirated 5.4-liter V8 that puts out an eye-popping 492 pound-feet of torque.
The new street legal mid-engine Brabham BT62R has the exact same powertrain – the highest output, naturally aspirated V8 on the market – and the same FIA compliant chassis.
Other highlights of the Brabham BT62R include…
• Same 6-speed sequential transmission as the track-only version.
• Variable ride heights for driving on track and on public roads.
• Interior fitted with heat and sound insulation with an Alcantara-trimmed roof, complete with bespoke internal storage compartments.
• Seats finished in either leather and/or Alcantara with contrast stitching.
• New front splitter and rear diffuser to accommodate road use and maintain track aero.
• New top-mounted air intake.
• New rear diffuser and a re-designed and road compliant single-plane rear wing.
• Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperSport road tires using a motorsport-derived, high-friction compound.
Of course, if you opt for the Celebration Series version of the BT62R you will also get 18 carat gold logos and badges, a Bespoke carbon interior, unique to each vehicle, and an exclusive Track Pack, including the track rear wing, splitter and diffuser for fitting when required for track events.
I mean, if you’re going to drop around $1.5 million for the BT62R you might as well go all in, right?
Only 70 of these, in all variations combined, will be produced so you’d better hurry if you want one.