Fiero Habanero Tequila has arrived. It’s hard not to get excited about a premium tequila expertly distilled and then infused with fresh, locally grown vine-ripened habanero peppers. I love tequila and I’m not afraid of spice at all, so I was stoked to get my hands on a bottle.
I started by trying a pour on the rocks with a lime. Two things jumped out immediately:
- The “Habanero” is not just a marketing gimmick. The heat is REAL and impossible to miss.
- This is incredibly smooth tequila. There’s no real bite or burn (besides the habanero, of course).
Sipping on the rocks is a good first test, but how does Fiero Tequila perform in a cocktail? I love margaritas so much. How much? It’s going to be the signature cocktail served at my wedding. Naturally, I have to try Fiero out in my favorite cocktail (with a couple of my own personal touches):
My At-Home Margarita
- 2 oz. of Fiero Habanero Tequila
- 0.5 oz. of Luxardo Triplum triple sec
- 1.5 oz. of lime juice
- 0.5 oz. of simple syrup (depending on your desired sweetness)
- A squeeze of fresh grapefruit
- Served over ice in a salted rim glass (bonus points for chili lime salt)
- Garnished with a lime and grapefruit wedge
- Optional: pour lime seltzer for carbonation (I like bubbles)
My tongue might still be tingling a little, but I know what I’m going to be drinking this Cinco de Mayo and all summer. It’s sweet, spicy, tart, refreshing…it’s everything I could ever want from a cocktail. This a super easy cocktail that you can make from the comfort of your home.
Want more inspiration? Fiero has amazing cocktail recipes to try with their sweat-inducing spirit.
If you need to make yourself a margarita ASAP, track down a bottle of Fiero Tequila for yourself at the link below!
FIND FIERO NEAR YOU