Women love Nutella. Guys love bacon. Someone out there still eats bananas. Lets all get together and make Bacon & Banana Nutella Dumplings. They’re like pot stickers for fat kids. Well, fatter kids.
Deep-fried food isn’t just for carnivals. It’s for people who are bored and want to make their afternoon snack 10x more delicious. Why just have a nice wholesome banana with a little Nutella when you can add bacon and fry that fucker? It’s the American way.
As I’m sure you’re already making your grocery list, I’ll go ahead and tell you that the won ton wrappers are in the refrigerated produce section of the story, just like the wrappers used for my Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls.
You’ll also be happy to know that I used regular bananas, unlike those organic yellow curves of arrogance I needed for the Elvis Sandwich.
Awww shit, Colin got a new toy! What you’re looking at right there is my new super fancy bacon press. No more curly bacon for me. It’s nothing but strips that are as flat as Keira Knightley.
Four strips is far more bacon than you’ll need, but you have to make a full pan or you’ll lose the respect of your peers. Feel free to eat a couple of the strips on their own..
This dish seemed a little too healthy, so instead of using raw bananas, I caramelized them. A little butter and brown sugar go a long ways to destroying your life. Normal bananas will never do it for you again.
Mise en place!
It takes a few tries to realize just how little you can put in each dumpling and still have it close. Be prepared to fail a few times. Don’t give up though. If the Little Giants can win, so can you.
Action shot! Look at those little wedges of heaven go. They don’t take long to cook, so keep your eye on them. There’s nothing worse than wasting good food because you were too arrogant to pause Family Feud.
Be sure to give them a minute on paper towel to drain once their done cooking, too.
Jackpot. Five beautiful Bacon & Banana Nutella Dumplings and one developmentally challenged cousin. What? I wasn’t about to let it go to waste just because it was the runt of the litter. Look how well Babe the Pig turned out. He was just as delicious as the other pigs that were eventually slaughtered.
- Won ton wraps
- Canola oil
- 1 Egg
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Cook bacon until crispy (you should know how to do this by now).
- Drain bacon then break into small pieces.
- Melt 2 tbsp butter in pan and then stir in brown sugar.
- Place banana slices in pan for 4 minutes, flipping once.
- Heat 2 inches of canola oil to 350 degrees.
- Make egg wash by whisking 1 egg with 2 tbsp water.
- Place one slice banana, bacon, and dollop of Nutella on won ton.
- Fold into triangle and seal edges with egg wash.
- Place several stuffed won tons in hot oil, flipping occasionally.
- You don’t need to cook anything inside, so they’re done when they’re done.
- Let drain on paper town, then nearly arrange on a plate to photograph for Guyism.
- Forget the powdered sugar
- Disregard last step, you should dust the top with powdered sugar.
- Eat. Declare yourself ultra-American. Eat some more.