For enthusiasts of muscle cars, I recommend that you have a spare pair of clean undies nearby before you check out the mindblowing 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon. This rocket on wheels is the most powerful muscle car ever made, the world’s most powerful factory production V-8, quickest production car in the world, the world’s quickest quarter-mile production car, and this blistering devil will rob you of your soul.
This fiery beast boasts a supercharged 6.2-liter HEMI® V-8 pounding out 840-horsepower and 770 pounds-feet of torque that will melt the streets. The vehicle’s power plant is so potent that it causes the supercar to do wheelies. The Dodge Challenger SRT Demon is the world’s first production car to lift the front wheels at launch. The hellishly speedy machine set the Guinness World Record for longest wheelie from a standing start by a production car at 2.92-feet.
For under $100K you can get this American supercar with 40 horsepower more than the most powerful Ferrari ever.
[protected-iframe id=”8e425de57627449417559f2626714216-97886205-93291949″ info=”//giphy.com/embed/d7vbmoGrHfmuc” width=”480″ height=”360″ frameborder=”0″ class=”giphy-embed” allowfullscreen=””]
Hold onto your nuts and check out these heart-pumping stats for the Demon:
- 840 horsepower and 770 pounds-feet of torque from supercharged 6.2-liter HEMI® Demon V-8 engine makes Dodge Challenger SRT Demon
- Highest horsepower V-8 production car engine ever produced
- First-ever front-wheel lift in production car (2.92 feet) as certified by Guinness World Records
- World’s fastest quarter-mile production car with an elapsed time (ET) of 9.65 seconds and 140 miles per hour (mph) as certified by National Hot Rod Association
- Challenger SRT Demon is too fast for the drag strip – officially banned by NHRA
- World’s fastest 0-60 production car: 2.3 seconds
- 0-30 miles per hour: 1.0 second
- 0-30 mph: 1.0 second
- 0-60 mph: 2.3 seconds
- Quarter-mile: 9.65 seconds at 140 mph
- Highest g-force acceleration of any production car: 1.8 g
- Air-Grabber™ induction system includes the largest functional hood scoop (45.2 square inches) of any production car
The 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon fucks.
The Demon V-8 engine has 25 major component upgrades from the already impressive Hellcat engine, including supercharger, pistons, rods, valve train, and fuel injection system. Compared to the Hellcat, the Demon has a larger supercharger (2.7 liters versus 2.4 liters), increased boost pressure (14.5 psi versus 11.6 psi), and higher rpm limit (6,500 rpm versus 6,200 rpm).
Dodge dropped 200 pounds by switching to lightweight components and ripping out some carpeting, sound insulation, the parking sensors, 16 speakers, and all of the seats except for the driver’s. The Demon is the first single-seat production car ever sold by a major automaker, but you can get the passenger seat and rear bench for $1 each. Which sounds like a pretty good deal since you’re going to want passengers in your Demon to hit the gas and drive their eyeballs into the back of their heads.
[protected-iframe id=”fb8b6dc64176944fea60d3143784ff66-97886205-93291949″ info=”cdn-images.mailchimp.com/embedcode/slim-10_7.css” ]