- Tanner Flynn hit on one of the craziest sports parlays you’ve ever seen in your life.
- Now, Flynn is 60 minutes away from doing it for the second time in as many years.
- Flynn needs a Colorado Avalanche victory in Games 5, 6 or 7 to take home a huge, improbable check.
Every sports bettor has a story of the one that got away.
That parlay that was just one leg away from paying off the car you spent entirely too much money on or your student loans.
Then there’s Tanner Flynn.
Flynn, a Purdue graduate, actually completed that parlay last year. He cashed a bet for more than $20,000 on the following $5 parlay:
- Kamaru Usman (-300) to beat Jorge Masvidal on July 11, 2020, in UFC 251
- The Los Angeles Lakers (+260) to win the 2020 NBA Finals
- The Los Angeles Dodgers (+380) to win the 2020 World Series
- The Tampa Bay Lightning (+600) to win the 2020 Stanley Cup
- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers (+1500) to win the 2021 Super Bowl.
His tweet at halftime of that Super Bowl went viral.
He placed a $25, five-leg parlay on the following outcomes:
- The Georgia Bulldogs to win the National Championship
- Israel Adensanya to beat Robert Whittaker for the UFC Middleweight Championship
- The Los Angeles Rams to win the Super Bowl
- The Golden State Warriors to win the NBA Championship
- The Colorado Avalanche to win the Stanley Cup.
The first four outcomes have already come to fruition. Now, the Avalanche have three chances to turn Flynn’s $25 into $34,116.88.
In an interview with ESPN, Flynn said “At the end of the day, I like to bet on talent. Talent and a little bit of storyline, some vengeance or a little extra motivation.”
The 26-year-old has turned down an offer of $20,600 from FanDuel to cash out the bet. Instead he’s placed $2,500 worth of bets on the Tampa Bay Lightning to beat the Avalanche in an attempt to hedge.
Either way, Flynn is going to end up much more wealthy than he had been. And he’s gained a reputation as an historically good sport bettor.