Patient’s Genitals Badly Burnt During Surgery Because They Ripped Ass And Started A Huge Fire
Can you imagine waking up from surgery to discover that your genitals and most of your lower body has been set on fire, and then you find out that the entire incident was your own damn fault? Well, that’s exactly the scenario that one patient in Japan woke up to after they ripped ass during laser surgery and the fart set off a massive blaze, torching their genitals and body.
The Straits Times reports:
A patient’s fart during a surgical procedure allegedly sparked a fire which caused her to be seriously burnt, the Tokyo Medical University Hospital in Shinjuku Ward said.
The incident was reported in Japanese newspaper Asahi Shimbun.
The fire occurred at the university hospital in Tokyo on April 15. The patient, in her 30s, was undergoing an operation which involved applying a laser to her cervix, the lower part of the uterus.
A committee of external experts who examined the case said in a report released on Oct 28 that no flammable materials were in the operation room during the surgery.
It also mentioned that the operation equipment was functioning normally.
“When the patient’s intestinal gas leaked into the space of the operation (room), it ignited with the irradiation of the laser, and the burning spread, eventually reaching the surgical drape and causing the fire,” the report said.
It’s being called the ‘Fart Heard ‘Round The Medical World’…by me, I’m the only one calling it that so far, but with your help I think we can get this nickname to catch on. I guess this is just part of the reason that doctors ask you to not eat for hours before surgery, that and they don’t want you choking during surgery…Which, come to think of it, I’m having oral surgery a week from today (they’re knocking me out) and they haven’t mentioned jack shit about me not eating the night before. I guess I should probably enquire about that, huh?