Super Bowl MVP Von Miller Reveals His Daily Food Intake And I Really Need To Get A Personal Chef

By 11.30.16
Denver Broncos v New Orleans Saints

Wesley Hitt/Getty Images


If you’ve ever wondered why you didn’t make it to the league, it likely has nothing to do with your genetic coordination disability or your lack of aggression and hunger or the fact that you were blessed with your mothers hips. They say ‘you are what you eat’ and if that’s the case I guess I’m a huge vagina AMIRIGHT GUYS. Guys? Help me out here.

Anyway, it’s always interesting to learn about what the most primed athletes in the world put into their bodies to fuel their performance. Tom Brady, who at the age of 39, does not show any signs of slowing down partly due to his insanely strict diet. Per Brady’s chef, the four-time Super Bowl champ eats like a bird.

80 percent … vegetables … and whole grains: brown rice, quinoa, millet, beans. The other 20 percent is lean meats: grass-fed organic steak, duck every now and then, and chicken

One may think that Von Miller, a 6’3” 250 pound defensive nightmare, would start his day off by eating baby limbs and drinking quarterback blood. But, according to an interview he did with GQ, the Super Bowl MVP exercises restraint in his diet. I guess that’s easy when you have an around-the-clock personal chef keeping you on track.

Below is Von’s typical day in eating.

BREAKFAST

Cage-free eggs, every day. I never get tired of it. A typical breakfast is four eggs with five slices of turkey bacon, some type of starch, some type of potato, and some type of fruit with a cold-pressed juice. I start the day like that every day.

LUNCH

I like to have some type of protein. Some legit, real protein, like a chicken breast. I’m always having something different for lunch, but it’s going to be some type of meal that is packed with protein and starches. I like to really stay in line with complex carbs because my body uses those to death and I can burn those the fastest. And another cold-pressed juice. Or water. Definitely water.

DINNER

The thing about dinner—meal-wise, it’s the same. But timing is different. I try to always eat before 9 o’clock. That way I have plenty of time to burn calories throughout the night. I never like to eat right before I go to sleep. If I have to eat at nine, then I’m going to go to bed around 11:30. I like to eat and stay up for a little bit to burn off some of those calories before I get right into bed. But I’m strange in my timing of when I eat. I try to eat at the same exact time every single day.

CHEAT MEALS

The funny part about cheating for me is that I’ve even created a way to cheat healthy. So my chef makes all the cheat meals I like in a healthier way. If I like fried rice from the Chinese restaurant, my chef might make it with brown rice cooked in a healthier way. I get the benefit of “cheating,” but I don’t have to feel completely bad about it.

But sometimes I do need to just eat ice cream and drink a soda. If I’m going to cheat, I’m probably just going to have a soda. Not a diet soda, but a real soda with sugar.

So there it is, fellas. You get on that Von Miller diet and a future in the NFL may be waiting. And by NFL I mean intramural co-ed flag football league.

Read more over at GQ


TAGSDietsNFLVon Miller

Join The Discussion