- The latest list of the 50 Best Bars in the World is out
- The 50 Best Bars in the World list stretches across 17 countries and has 18 new entries this years
- Read more articles on BroBible right here
A lifetime later and I’m still chasing that rush of turning 21 years old and suddenly being able to legally and easily drink at new bars all over the place. I see a list of the best bars in the world and all I want to do is start putting my credit card points to good use and booking some vacations to visit these drinking establishments.
This year’s list of the 50 Best Bars in the World by Worlds50BestBars was just released at a live awards ceremony in London. For the second year in a row, London’s Connaught Bar is ranked as the #1 bar on the entire planet. Mexico City also came in STRONG with 4 of the 50 best bars in the world whereas NYC is home to just 3 and Miami has 1 on the list.
Hanky Panky in Mexico City made its debut on the 50 Best list and it started all the way at the #12 spot which is incredibly impressive. The drinking scene in Mexico City has always been world-famous but it’s exploded over the past decade and is now a global destination for cocktail bars and fine dining.
Thunderbolt in Los Angeles didn’t make the top 50 but it was named as ‘one to watch’ and it seems like a likely contender to crack the world’s 50 best bars on next year’s list. I’ve highlighted the bars from the United States in the list below to make them easier to see but you can check out the list in full along with some more trivia underneath.
50 Best Bars in the World
- Connaught Bar, London, UK
- Tayēr + Elementary, London, UK
- Paradiso, Barcelona, Spain
- The Clumsies, Athens, Greece
- Florería Atlántico, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Licorería Limantour, Mexico City, Mexico
- Coa, Hong Kong
- El Copitas, St Petersburg, Russia
- Jigger & Pony, Singapore
- Katana Kitten, New York, USA
- Two Schmucks, Barcelona, Spain
- Hanky Panky, Mexico City, Mexico
- Insider Bar, Moscow, Russia
- Baba au Rum, Athens, Greece
- Manhattan, Singapore
- Atlas, Singapore
- Zuma, Dubai, UAE
- The SG Club, Tokyo, Japan
- Drink Kong, Rome, Italy
- 1930, Milan, Italy
- Presidente, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Maybe Sammy, Sydney, Australia
- Cantina OK!, Sydney Australia
- Salmon Guru, Madrid, Spain
- Handshake Speakeasy, Mexico City, Mexico
- No Sleep Club, Singapore
- Camparino in Galleria, Milan, Italy
- Café La Trova, Miami, USA
- Little Red Door, Paris, France
- Dante, New York, USA
- Kwānt, London, UK
- Bar Benfiddich, Tokyo, Japan
- Tres Monos, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Attaboy, New York, USA
- Lucy’s Flower Shop, Stockholm, Sweden
- MO Bar, Singapore
- Sips, Barcelona, Spain
- Baltra Bar, Mexico City, Mexico
- Sober Company, Shanghai, China
- Tjoget, Stockholm, Sweden
- Epic, Shanghai, China
- Charles H, Seoul, South Korea
- Tippling Club, Singapore
- Above Board, Melbourne, Australia
- Galaxy Bar, Dubai, UAE
- Re, Sydney, Australia
- Sidecar, New Delhi, India
- Union Trading Company, Shanghai, China
- DarkSide, Hong Kong
- Quinary, Hong Kong
And the No.1, The Best Bar in Europe and The World’s Best Bar 2021, sponsored by @Perrier, for the second consecutive year, is… Connaught Bar in #London, #UK! This bar has made excellence so effortless that it is routine. #Worlds50BestBars @ago_perrone @theconnaught pic.twitter.com/BIKg4X9AH7
— 50BestBars (@50BestBars) December 7, 2021
No.2 in this year’s list is… Tayēr + Elementary in #London, #UK! A bar of two parts, Elementary is the easy-going space you’ll first step foot in, while Tayēr is the cocktail boutique where creativity knows no bounds. #Worlds50BestBars @Alex_Kratena @Monicasuh pic.twitter.com/ISNt0G0gtm
— 50BestBars (@50BestBars) December 7, 2021
This annual list from worlds50bestbars actually goes all the way up to 100, despite the name. Other American bars that made the cut when we expand to 100 include Double CHicken Please (54, NYC), Employees Only (60, NYC), Kumiko (61, Chicago), Thunderbolt (66, Los Angeles), Sweet Liberty (89, Miami), Death & Co (99, Los Angeles), and Leyenda (NYC).
I find it intriguing that only one bar from Portugal made the list, Red Frog in Lisbon. Some of the coolest, most welcoming, and full of unique character bars I’ve ever been to anywhere on the planet are in Portugal so I’d kind of expect that country to be better represented on the list in the future.
In total, there are 18 countries represented on this list of the 50 Best Bars in the World, which isn’t t to be confused with the 50 Best Cities in the World for Partying, or the 50 Best Beer Cities in the World.
You can visit the 50Best website by following those links above and each bar on the list has information about what makes it so special!