Mike Tyson has been keeping busy getting in shape during quarantine and he looks like he’s ready to get back in the boxing ring.
For the past few weeks, Tyson has been teasing a boxing comeback and has said he “wants to go to war again” to raise money for charity.
Via Boxing Scene
Tyson has been getting himself in shape with MMA coach Rafael Cordeiro.
His motivation to stage the exhibition bouts is to raise money for charity.
That’s all I’ve been doing, getting into shape,” Tyson said on a #PlayApartTogether live stream on Facebook.
“I feel unstoppable now. I feel the same again. The gods of war ignited my ego and want me to go to war again. Imagine if I went out there and fought and I could help all these people we talked about.”
On Sunday, former UFC champion Vitor Belfort posted a video of himself working out with Tyson on Instagram and Iron Mike is looking jacked these days.
Tyson’s comeback is generating plenty of interest and he already has a guaranteed $20 million offer on the table in the Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship.
Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship will next week issue another offer to Mike Tyson in hopes of bringing the 53-year-old boxing legend out of retirement.
BKFC President David Feldman told MMA Fighting the contract will exceed the $20 million offered to Tyson earlier this month, adding additional sweeteners that include charitable donations. He said he wasn’t able to provide the exact value of the contract because it’s still being finalized.
“I think I know what we need to do to make this thing happen,” Feldman said.
While Tyson probably can’t hang with current elite-level boxers, an exhibition match against older MMA fighers/ boxers could be interesting.