Sales For This Year’s Amazon Prime Day Set A New Record With Over 100 Million Products Purchased
Amazon Prime Day 2018 was the the biggest global shopping event in Amazon history and the sales statistics this year were just absurd. Prime Members worldwide purchased more than 100 MILLION products during Prime Day.
On a day (and a half) with more than one million deals worldwide offered, sales this Prime Day surpassed Cyber Monday, Black Friday and the previous Prime Day, when comparing 36-hour time periods.
Best-sellers worldwide were the Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote and Echo Dot — making this, with 12-hour early access to device deals, the biggest event ever for Amazon devices. The best-selling deal this year for the Whole Foods Market on Amazon was organic strawberries. And small and medium-sized businesses selling on Amazon far exceeded $1 billion in sales.
Global Highlights from Prime Day 2018
• A record number of Prime members shopped across 17 countries.
• Amazon welcomed more new Prime members on July 16 than any previous day in Amazon history.
• Customers purchased millions of Fire TV devices on Amazon globally during Prime Day.
• Prime Day was the biggest event ever for Echo devices with screens, Echo Show and Echo Spot.
• Customers purchased more than five million items in each of the following categories: Toys, Beauty products, PCs and computer accessories, Apparel and Kitchen products.
• Prime Day was the best event ever for Amazon devices for kids, including Echo Dot Kids Edition, Fire 7 Kids Edition tablet and Fire HD 8 Kids Edition tablet.
• July 16 was the best day ever for Fire TV devices and Kindle e-readers on Amazon globally.
U.S. Highlights from Prime Day 2018
The Toshiba 4K Ultra HD Fire TV Edition (50-inch) and the Toshiba 4K Ultra HD Fire TV Edition (43-inch) are now the best-selling TV deals in Amazon history – together selling over six times as many TVs compared to last year’s record-setting Fire TV Edition.
Other highlights include:
• July 17 was the biggest sales day for smart home devices in Amazon history, with over a million devices sold.
• Ring had its biggest day ever on Amazon on July 16, with the Ring Video Doorbell Pro selling out.
• The Amazon Cloud Cam was the best-selling security camera deal in Amazon history.
• Members purchased more than 300,000 Instant Pot 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi Use and 150,000 LifeStraw Personal Water Filters.
• Members stocked up for back-to-school and off-to-college season, purchasing millions of pencils and pens.
• Some of the top sellers from Amazon brands, by category, were Stone & Beam Ceramic Geometric Table Lamp; Presto! Ultra Soft Toilet Paper; Daily Ritual Women’s Jersey Short-Sleeve V-Neck T-Shirt Dress and AmazonBasics Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet.
Prime Day Best Sellers by Country
Customers’ most popular purchase this Prime Day was the Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote, which was not only the best-selling Amazon device, but also the best-selling product from any manufacturer in any category across Amazon globally.
Top sellers from around the world, excluding Amazon devices, include:
• U.S.: Instant Pot 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi Use; 23 and Me DNA Test; LifeStraw Personal Water Filter
• U.K.: Bosch Cordless Drill; Philips Hue Personal Wireless Lighting Light strip; Finish Dishwasher Tablets
• Spain: SanDisk Ultra 64GB memory card; Cecotec Conga Excellence 990 4 in 1 iTech 3.0 robot vacuum cleaner
• Singapore: Coca-Cola Zero Sugar; Play-Doh Shape and Learn Shape a Story; Kleenex Ultra Soft Toilet Tissue
• Netherlands: Osmart Zigbee Smart Plug; Philips Hue White Ambiance GU10 LED Spot; Sandisk Micro SD
• Mexico: Ace Powder Laundry Detergent; Amazon Basics USB Lightning Cable
• Luxembourg: Jamie Oliver Tefal pan; Brita water filter; Solar-lamp in Preserve Jar with USB connector
• Japan: Top Super Nanox Liquid Laundry Detergent + Extra Large Refill, SAVAS Whey Protein 100 cocoa flavor 1050g
• Italy: Finish Dishwasher Tabs All in 1 Max; Braun Multi-grooming Kit Precision Trimmer 9-in-1 for Beard Styling; Hoover Rechargeable Broom 2-in-1 Freedom
• India: Redmi Y2 Gold 32 GB smartphone; Tata salt; Mi 10000mAH Li Polymer Power Bank 2i
• Germany and Austria: PlayStation Plus Membership; Jamie Oliver Pan by Tefal; Osmart Zigbee Smart Plug
• France: PlayStation Plus Membership; SanDisk Ultra 64GB memory card, TP Link Wi-Fi connected plug
• China: Philips Sonicare Healthy White HX6730 Toothbrush; Braun Digital Ear Thermometer ;Paul & Joe Beaute Moisturizing Foundation
• Canada: Instant Pot 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi Use; LifeStraw Personal Water Filter; Bose QuietComfort Noise Cancelling Headphones
• Belgium: SanDisk Ultra 128GB memory card; Osmart Zigbee Smart Plug; Philips Hue lightbulbs
• Australia: PlayStation 4 Pro 1TB Console with Bonus Fortnite Content; FIFA 18 for PlayStation 4; Philips Hue lightbulbs