If you’re anything like millions of people around the world, you love a nice cup of coffee once – or possibly 10 – times a day.
But does your city provide the best java in the country? Only if it’s one of the towns listed on WalletHub’s “Best Coffee Cities In America” list.
Here’s how they crunched the beans. Sorry. Numbers.
“Some local coffee scenes are stronger than others. To determine the best among them, WalletHub compared the 100 largest cities across 14 key indicators of coffee lover-friendliness.
Our data set ranges from coffee shops, coffee houses and cafés per capita to average price per pack of coffee.”
Here are the top 10 cities for coffee freaks.
1. Seattle, WA
2. New York, NY
3. San Francisco, CA
4. Portland, OR
5. Los Angeles, CA
6. Chicago, IL
7. Washington, DC
8. Miami, FL
9. San Diego, CA
10. Boston, MA
Here are more findings about America’s coffee obsession and the price we’re willing to pay for a good cup of Joe.
- Houston has the lowest average price for a pack of coffee, $3.51, which is 2.3 times lower than in Honolulu, the city with the highest at $8.20.
- Fremont, California, has the highest average annual spending on coffee per household, $221.21, which is 3.4 times higher than in Cleveland, the city with the lowest at $64.53.
- Gilbert, Arizona, has the highest share of households that own a single-cup/pod-brewing coffee maker, 26.08 percent, which is 2.9 times higher than in Detroit, the city with the lowest at 9.11 percent.
- New York has the most coffee shops, coffee houses, and cafés (per square root of population), 1.2212, which is 19.3 times more than in Laredo, Texas, the city with the fewest at 0.0633.
- Portland, Oregon, has the most coffee and tea manufacturers (per square root of population), 0.0207, which is 41.4 times more than in Riverside and San Bernardino, California, the cities with the fewest at 0.0005.
Click here to read all of the WalletHub findings.
Chris Illuminati is a 5-time published author and recovering a**hole who writes about success, fitness, parenting and professional wrestling. Reach out to him on Instagram & Twitter or email email@example.com.