Classified US intelligence documents have been leaked on to the internet which reveal the technological capabilities of the Chinese spy balloon that was shot down off the coast of South Carolina.
Jack Teixeira, a 21-year-old Massachusetts Air National Guard member, who leaked the sensitive documents in a Discord group. He was arrested on April 13 by FBI agents.
According to a document the came from within the US National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) and which was reviewed by the Washington Post, the Chinese spy balloon was thought to have the power generation capabilities able to support advanced radar technology using the attached solar panels.
The Debrief reports…
Synthetic Aperture Radar, or SAR, is a form of active data collection that involves a sensor capable of producing its own energy, which then measures and records the amount that is reflected off the Earth. A key component of the technology involves the use of a shorter antenna that sequences the data it collects and combines it to simulate the results of a much larger device.
Not only does this provide higher-resolution data, but also reduces the amount of space required. With a greater degree of responsiveness than optical imagery, SAR systems can also peer through clouds, in addition to generating better imagery at night. SAR can also detect objects positioned below waterproof cloths, tarpaulins, or other thin materials.
The NGA document relating this information said the balloon shot down in February was likely able to produce as much as 10,000 watts of solar power, which could sufficiently power such a device if fitted to the airship’s dangling payload.
Based on previously seen images and reports, the Chinese spy balloon also had sensors, a 1.2-meter parabolic dish, and a possible mast antenna.
These new leaked documents also revealed that the US government was also aware of four other incidents involving suspected spy balloons.
“We’re certainly concerned about the contents of these documents being circulated on social media,” Deputy Pentagon Press Secretary Sabrina Singh said on Monday.
“So yes, we are concerned about these documents. We feel that of course Russia and China could use this to their advantage,” she added, “but we also feel confident in our outreach to partners and allies and working with them as this continues.”
Related: Congressman Accuses US Government Of ‘Huge Cover Up’ Of UFOs: ‘Release Everything’
Related: Cockpit Audio From F-16 Pilots Who Shot Down UFO Over Lake Huron Released
Last month, Pentagon officials confirmed the existence of footage showing multiple UFOs being shot down over America and Canada, but refused to release any of it.