- The Laphroaig Càirdeas 2021 Pedro Ximenez Cask Strength is a triple-matured limited expression of Laphroaig’s Single Malt Scotch
- Laphroaig Càirdeas is an annual release Distillery Manager John Campbell. The name ‘Càirdeas’ is Gaelic for friendship
- This year’s release spends time in ex-Bourbon barrels, quarter casks, and European oak hogsheads containing PX sherry and the final liquid delivers exquisite flavor
- Read more BroBible articles here
The limited release Laphroaig Càirdeas 2021 PX Edition is here and scotch-lovers will welcome this year’s bottling with open arms. It is a triple-matured Single Malt that’s been bottled at cask strength to ensure the flavor is deep and intricate. I’m sure everyone’s familiar with the term ‘cask strength’ but for anyone who needs a refresher, it means that the liquid hasn’t been diluted after being stored in the casks.
Laphroaig Càirdeas is an annual limited release that dates back to 1994. ‘Càirdeas’ is Gaelic for ‘friendship’ and Distillery Manager John Campbell curates this limited release every year for friends and family of Laphroaig. The pressure to please those who are most familiar with the brand is real but year after year Laphroaig delivers on flavor.
Laphroaig Cairdeas 2021 PX Edition: What’s Under The Cork?
- Color: Tawny
- Maturation: The Laphroaig Càirdeas 2021 Pedro Ximenez Cask Strength is triple matured. Beginning with American Oak ex-Bourbon barrels. It then moves to quarter casks. And finishes its journey in European oak hogsheads containing Pedro Ximenez (PX) sherry
- ABV: The Laphroaig Càirdeas 2021 Pedro Ximenez Cask Strength clocks in at 58.9% ABV
- Nose: This Single Malt carries strong notes of grilled bacon, honey, almond, marzipan, hazelnut, praline, toffee, cherries, stewed apple, cinnamon, and oak spices
- Flavor: The triple maturation process and cask strength bottling was done to ensure a balance and rich flavor. Drinkers will find the characteristic smoky and peaty flavors of Laphroaig along with hints of cooked apple, grilled bacon, Manuka honey, licorice, malt, and oaked spices
- Finish: The finish has some considerable heat on it with a bit of sea salt to wash it down. It’s recommended to be sipped neat or with a few drops of water
As with all of the Laphroaig Càirdeas limited releases, this one is in high demand. The good news is there’s been a solid amount allotted for release in the United States.
3,500 9L cases of Laphroaig Càirdeas 2021 Pedro Ximenez Cask Strength are being made available in the US. The suggested retail price is $99.
The BroBible team writes about gear that we think you want. Occasionally, we write about items that are a part of one of our affiliate partnerships and we will get a percentage of the revenue from sales.