Ryan Reynolds is a gentleman who is secure enough in his manhood that he can admit when he has been beaten. Whether it is his rivalry with Hugh Jackman or his wife, Ryan Reynolds is not afraid to give credit when someone has beaten him. When the Joker movie outperformed Deadpool, Reynolds responded as only Ryan Reynolds could.
Joker has been crushing it at the box office, earning $788 million internationally after being released on October 4, 2019. The Joker is now the most successful R-rated movie of all-time, dethroning Deadpool 2.
- Joker – $785,000,000 – 2019
- Deadpool 2 – $785,046,920 – 2018
- Deadpool – $783,112,979 – 2016
- The Matrix Reloaded – $742,128,461 – 2003
- It – $700,381,748 – 2017
- Logan – $619,021,436 – 2017
- The Passion of the Christ – $611,899,420 – 2004
- The Hangover Part II – $586,764,305 – 2011
- Fifty Shades of Grey – $571,006,128 – 2015
- Ted – $549,368,315 – 2012
Ryan Reynolds congratulated Joaquin Phoenix and Todd Philips on becoming the highest-grossing R-rated movie of all-time on Twitter. The Wade Wilson actor tweeted a photo of the Joker on the now iconic stairs in the Bronx with characters from the film that were some of the highest-grossing R-rated films such as Pennywise, Jesus, The Wolfpack, Christian Grey, Neo, and his friend Hugh Jackman. The poster also said: “Motherf*cker.”
“R-Rated box office congratulatory posts aren’t like the ones you’re used to,” Reynolds tweeted out on his @VancityReynolds Twitter account.
Can we expect to see some jokes aimed at the Joker in Deadpool 3?