Tinder, a cultural phenomenon first dreamed up at USC, is going back to school. With the launch of Tinder U, the world’s most popular dating app is looking to become this year’s ultimate wingman for college students.
The new Tinder U allows students to connect with new faces, land a date, find a study buddy, or just meet someone outside of your current social circle, all with a swipe.
Those who opt in to Tinder U will get a new skin over their profile that represents their college or university, and they will then see students first when they’re swiping.
Here’s how it works:
1. Once you’re on campus, log in to Tinder and enter your .edu email address if you’d like to opt in. (Only students with verified .edu emails with be able to join.)
2. Check your email and tap the verification button.
3. You are now enrolled in Tinder U. Swipe, match, and message as usual.
You can also swipe on nearby campuses, too, and you also have the option to toggle Tinder U on/off at your leisure.
Tinder’s most right-swiped universities…
1. Columbia University
2. University of Massachusetts Amherst
3. University of Southern California
4. Florida State University
5. University of Texas at Austin
6. Harvard University
7. Boston University
8. University of Alabama
9. University of Arizona
10. Ohio State University
11. Howard University
12. University of Pennsylvania
13. New York University
14. University of San Diego
15. University of Washington
16. University of Michigan Ann Arbor
17. University of Colorado Boulder
18. University of California – Los Angeles
19. University of Florida
20. University of South Carolina
Data based on the ratio of right swipes received by students aged 18-23 attending a 4-year accredited university or college from August 15, 2017 to May 15, 2018.