Spring is right around the corner, and that means we can finally start shedding off our ultra-thick coats and sweaters.
While it can be easy to opt for a sweatshirt for your brisk spring days, we’ve got a better idea in mind. Enter the casual button-down shirt.
These days brands are cutting their button-down shirts to be easier to layer and using better materials (a trend that can be attributed to the current popularity of shirt jackets and overshirts). This prior notion means button-downs are being crafted with more versatility in styling and a higher emphasis on comfortability.
Best Casual Button-Down Shirts to Pick Up Right Now
The button-down shirts we rounded up today will appeal to all types of individuals. We’ve got workwear and western-inspired shirts, as well as simple, well-built shirts that will go with everything in your wardrobe.
What’s cool is by opting for any of these button-downs below, you instantly put yourself ahead of the game in spring styling. We say this because most guys will opt for short-sleeve tees or long-sleeve tees for everyday wear in the spring.
Now is the chance to level up your fits without having to put in too much effort. Let us know what you grab!
Filson Chino Twill Shirt
- Military-grade melamine buttons.
- Button-adjustable cuffs.
- Knife pleats at shoulders for range of motion.
- Made with 6.8-oz. 100% cotton twill.
Filson Lightweight Alaskan Guide Shirt
- Built with 5-oz. 100% cotton twill.
- Button-front and button-adjustable cuffs.
- Pleated rear shoulders for ease of motion.
- Gusseted button-flap chest pockets.
- Relaxed fit.
Flint and Tinder Saddle Blanket Shirt
- Print inspired by old saddle blankets from the American Southwest.
- Custom mid-weight jacquard made from 100% organic cotton.
- Front and back yoke detail.
- Bone button snap front closure.
- Made responsibly in India.
Alex Mill Cotton Twill Popover Shirt
- Part henley and part long sleeve polo, this unique look makes for a multi-occasion staple.
- Soft, lightweight materials delivers just as much comfort as it does good looks.
- Washed cotton twill adds a touch of vintage style.
- A buttoned chest pocket for holding sunglasses in place.
Billy Reid Denim Shirt
- Cut from a natural, undyed denim with antique brass snaps for a weathered look.
- Double chest pockets with angled flap closures.
- Single barrel cuffs.
- Made with soft 100% cotton.
Dubbleware Milton Shirt
- Perfect for leaving open over a tee or tucking into jeans.
- Crafted out of a Japanese-made indigo stripe chambray.
- Double chest pockets with a pen holder on the right flap.
- Yoke across the upper back for extra mobility through the shoulders.
- Custom branded buttons.
Howler Brothers Gaucho Snapshirt
- Chest embroidery featuring custom artwork.
- Pearl button snaps down the front.
- Made with 60/40 cotton-poly blend for quick-drying during warm weather.
- Sunglasses-cleaning microfiber lining the chest pocket.
- Dual pleated chest pockets with snap button closure.
Filson Chambray Button-Down
- Made with midweight 5-oz. cotton chambray.
- Adjustable cuffs.
- Open-stow chest pocket.
- Center-back pleat for ease of motion.
Taylor Stitch Huckberry x Taylor Stitch Western Indigo Shirt
- Built from lightweight and breathable organic cotton.
- Subtly textured indigo-dyed crepe will fade beautifully with each wash and wear.
- Rinsed for a soft hand-feel on day one.
- Genuine YKK Western snaps with an antique brass hardware.
- Tailored fit and high armhole.
Marine Layer Broken In Canvas Overshirt
- Made from broken-in 100% cotton canvas.
- Midweight construction adds a bit of heft without going overboard.
- Two hand warming pockets on the front.
- Two chest pockets with button closure.
Flint and Tinder Donegal Architect Shirt
- Crafted from a premium Donegal fabric with a soft feel and textured look.
- Garment-dyed for a super soft feel and worn-in look right out of the box.
- Reinforced elbow patches stand up to hard use.
- Subtle selvage detailing throughout.
- Split back yoke and side vent gusset allow for better mobility.
John is the Style & Gear Editor for BroBible. You can contact him on Twitter @johnthompsoniv or via email John@brobible.com
The BroBible team writes about gear that we think you want. Occasionally, we write about items that are a part of one of our affiliate partnerships and we will get a percentage of the revenue from sales.