Presented in partnership with eBay…
The holidays are here, and, for all you last-minute shoppers out there, Lakers star Anthony Davis has something pretty awesome for you before all the presents are wrapped up and put under the tree. That’s because AD teamed up with eBay to play Santa Claus, virtually dropping 500 pairs of some of the most amazing sneakers ever for you to snatch up.
Launching a first-of-its-kind virtual “Santa Sneaker Drop,” all you sneakerheads have a chance to snag one of these kicks — and all it takes is signing up for a virtual experience and having a little bit of luck.
Beginning Tuesday, December 22 at 12pm ET and running through Dec. 24 at 11:59pm ET, people can visit eBaysantasneakerdrop.com to score one of the 500 pairs that Anthony Davis will be dropping. Styles include the likes of the Air Jordan 1 Travis Scott, the Nike Air Max 97 Sean Wotherspoon and even the Jordan 1 Off-White Chicago.
Cool right? They kicked off this Authenticity Guarantee service with new Jordan and Yeezys over $150, ramping to all collectable sneakers $100+ in early 2021. Just look for the blue check mark for all eligible sneakers on eBay.
What Is eBay’s Authenticity Guarantee?
To bring some added peace of mind knowing you’re getting the sneaks you crave most, eBay’s Authenticity Guarantee makes sure you’re getting the legit items you crave most. So when you’re looking for the hottest version of Air Jordans or Yeezys from this holiday season, no need to go down a rabbit hole to figure out if the buyer’s real or not, because eBay’s already got you covered there.
Thanks to a multi-point inspection, eBay authenticators verify the box, sizing labels, soles, stitching, logos, heel tabs, laces, etc., making sure all of you doing online shopping this year have the gift you expect. Take a look below for more details.
- Third-Party Authentication: eBay partnered with industry leader Sneaker Con to create a new state-of-the-art facility – leveraging the top authenticators in the industry, a robust checklist of product specifications, and best-in-class processes to ensure accuracy and efficiency. With rigorous inspection of the box, shoe, and accessories, the authentication underscores eBay’s commitment to giving shoppers exactly what they want.
- Proof of Authentication: An eBay Authenticity Guarantee tag will be attached to each pair of sneakers once they have been verified by the authentication partner. The Authenticity Guarantee tag is fastened to the sneaker and activated with a digital stamp of authenticity and customized with the sneakers’ details. By holding your NFC enabled device near the tag you will receive a prompt and be able to view the authenticity report of your sneakers.
- Verified Returns: For sellers who choose to offer returns, eBay’s sneaker authentication program ensures the exact item initially sold is returned to the seller, via a verified returns process. Returns are shipped back directly to the authentication center, where the third-party experts verify each item and its condition before returning to the seller.
Now back to the real fun part: The chance to snag some epic sneakers from eBay’s “Santa Sneaker Drop” with Anthony Davis. Here’s how it works.
- Participate in the drop from the comfort of your own home or wherever you’re enjoying the holidays.
- Visit eBaysantasneakerdrop.com from an IOS or Android mobile device to access the AR experience, activate the experience with your camera and open a virtual sneaker box, and simply see if you’ve won a pair.
- You get five chances to win each day during the three day virtual event, so increase your odds of winning by playing as often as you can.
You’re probably not going to get everything you want this holiday season. But thanks to Anthony Davis dropping off 500 pairs of sneakers in eBay’s “Santa Sneaker Drop”, you can at least give yourself a chance to land a pair of epic kicks that all of your buddies will be jealous of.
The BroBible team writes about gear that we think you want. Occasionally, we write about items that are a part of one of our affiliate partnerships and we will get a percentage of the revenue from sales.