Dare I say that these cargo shorts with hidden side pockets are borderline stylish? It’s hard to put ‘cargo shorts’ and ‘stylish’ in the same sentence but the fact that these side pockets are low-profile and virtually hidden in plain sight makes them look like regular shorts that aren’t divisive like bulky cargo shorts.
The Proof Equator Cargo Shorts come in three colors (Dark Navy, Dark Olive, and Slate) and these are the result of Proof’s quest to redesign cargo shorts and ditch the stigma often associated with them. Here at BroBible, we’re as conflicted on cargo shorts as anyone. My colleague Connor recently published this defense of why now is the perfect time for cargo shorts to make a comeback while you almost certainly wouldn’t find me wearing those bulky Abercrombie cargos unless my life depended on it. That bulky and wrinkled style just isn’t for me, but these Proof Equator Cargo Shorts ($88) are a game-changer.
One of the more wild aspects of these Proof Equator Cargo Shorts is how the fabric is finished with a micro-sanding treatment which makes them virtually silent. There’s none of that characteristic rubbing sound you get in cargo shorts. The streamlined welt pockets are spacious and sturdy to hold all sorts of extra gear if you want but otherwise, they hide in plain sight. Let’s check these Proof Equator Cargo Shorts out:
Full features of the Proof Equator Cargo Shorts ($88) include:
- Redesigned cargo shorts with low-profile pockets and whisper-quiet movement
- Cut from a flexible, lightweight poly with four-way mechanical stretch
- Coated with DWR for rain- and mud-resistance
- Fabric is treated with an ultra micro-sanding to make it nearly silent as you move
- Two front slash pockets for your gear with a hidden zip pocket on the right
- Low-profile cargo pockets at the thighs have an angled entry and zippered closure to keep your gear safe
- Single pocket in the rear with a zipper
- Drawstring on inner waistband for an adjustable fit
- Snap at the waist with a zippered fly
If you want to purchase the Proof Equator Cargo Shorts ($88) you’ll find them exclusively available on Huckberry. Just hit that ‘shop now’ button below or any of the links throughout this article to head on over to Huckberry and purchase these just in time for Spring and Summer weather!
Cass is a partner at BroBible and he’s been found here for the better part of a decade. He’s based out of Florida and you can contact him on Twitter at @casspa or via email email@example.com
The BroBible team writes about gear that we think you want. Occasionally, we write about items that are a part of one of our affiliate partnerships and we will get a percentage of the revenue from sales.