Dr. Martens 1460 Boots – Durable And Stylish Waterproof Boots For All Weather
No matter what decade you grew up in, there’s a good chance you recognize Dr. Martens 1460 Boots, as the look has been timeless ever since the first pair was released 60 years ago. From the grunge scene in New York to the hip nightlife of Los Angeles and beyond, the boots have stood the test of time — and anyone who’s ever owned a pair has a unique journey of their own.
With the fall and winter approaching and the unpredictable weather on its way, it’s time to get yourself a pair of the boots that never go out of style, as these things can withstand snow, rain, and anything else Mother Nature throws their way — while still making sure you stay comfortable and look fresh everywhere you go.
Dr. Martens 1460 Boots Review
Even with premium leather, the Dr. Martens 1460 Boots have a waterproof option, the 1460 Men’s Waterproof Lace Up Boots, meaning they don’t sacrifice substance for their classic style. The result is a durable boot that takes you pretty much anywhere, which is why, year after year, these are among the best boots for men.
Need something for your favorite pair of jeans or chinos? The Dr. Martens 1460 Boots are there for you. Looking for a work boot for your in-home workshop? The comfort and flexibility of the 1460 Boots have you covered. With a variety of different colors and styles, you can choose the pair that best fits your personality.
1460 Men’s Waterproof Lace Up Boots – $160.00
- DryWair is a proprietary, highly breathable yet waterproof membrane that that locks out moisture while allowing feet to breathe
- The new DM’s waterproof welt is an evolution of our original construction. Heat-sealed and stitched through the boot leather into high-density foam, it ensures the sole is waterproof
- Born on 1st April 1960 and named as such. Over six decades our 8-eye 1460 has become iconic
- Republic WP is a waxy, oil-finished edition of our classic Crazy Horse leather, given a waterproof treatment
- The Dr. Martens Goodyear-welted lines are heat-sealed at 700°C and reinforced with our signature welt stitch
Material: Goodyear welted, the 1460 Men’s Waterproof Lace Up Boots are built with a revolutionary new twin heat-sealed welt that prevents water from getting into the air-cushioned sole and forms the basis of a waterproof boot. The comfortable, breathable DryWair bootie is encased in Republic WP, a rich, oily waterproof leather, which results in having a boot that offers outstanding protection from spills, puddles and rain.
1460 Smooth Leather Lace Up Boots – $150.00
- Original 8-eye boot
- Built on the iconic Dr. Martens air-cushioned sole, which is oil and fat resistant with good abrasion and slip resistance
- Use Dr. Martens’ Wonder Balsam to keep your boots clean, protect the leather, and keep it soft and supple
Material: Durable and famously stiff to start, Dr. Marten’s Smooth Leather can be polished to a dapper shine or artfully scuffed-up depending on your preference. Restores and rejuvenates with no polish or shine: The Wonder Balsam is formulated to keep leather strong and supple, and ensure your boots last even longer.
1460 Crazy Horse Leather Lace Up Boots – $150.00
- Original Dr. Martens 8-eye boot
- Made with all the classic Doc’s DNA, including grooved sides, heel-loop and yellow stitching
- Built on the iconic Dr. Martens air-cushioned sole, which is oil and fat resistant, with good abrasion and slip resistance
Material: Natural-type oil finished leather, with a worn, distressed appearance.
1460 Double Stitch Leather Lace Up Boots – $160.00
- Born on 01.04.60. Named the 1460. Over six decades, the brand’s 8-eye work boot has become iconic
- Smooth Slice is the original Docs Smooth leather with added character. The base color is different to the top — showing a pop of contrasting color underneath
- Dr. Martens’ Goodyear-welted lines are heat-sealed at 700°C and reinforced with our signature welt stitch
Material: This 1460 boot is kitted out with not one, but two yellow stitches through the welt, and built from Smooth Slice, a raw-edged leather with yellow backing. Tagged with two of Dr. Martens’ scripted heel loops, the boots are welted on a smoke DMS sole.
With a ton of different styles and details that pair with pretty much any outfit, while packing some serious protection to keep your feet comfortable everywhere you go, there’s a pair of Dr. Martens 1460 Boots that best fits your needs. So choose your favorite option and see for yourself why these are the best fall boots around.
The BroBible team writes about gear that we think you want. Occasionally, we write about items that are a part of one of our affiliate partnerships and we will get a percentage of the revenue from sales.