It is absolutely wild to me how far hiking boot technology has progressed in my lifetime. I remember my earliest pairs when I was a kid in the Boy Scouts and how my parents would basically make me wear them every day for weeks to break them in ahead of any trip and my heels would get absolutely demolished by blisters while my feet were constantly overheating. Well, the future is now.
These all-day comfort hiking boots from Merrell are waterproof but allow your feet to breathe, they offer all the right ankle and arch support, and they enable you to stay light on your feet day after day while pounding the trails.
We’ve got two pairs here. First up is the Merrell Moab Speed Mid GTX [$160] and below that we check out the Merrell Moab 2 Mid Waterproof [$135]. Each pair comes in two styles and to purchase either you an follow any of the links in this article!
Here are the Merrell Moab Speed Mid GTX [$160] boots:
Full features of the Merrell Moab Speed Mid GTX [$160] include:
- A lightweight and protective hybrid hiking boot that gives you confidence on any trail
- GORE-TEX® breathable waterproof membrane seals out water while allowing water vapor to escape so your feet stay dry
- Breathable and durable mesh and TPU upper
- Padded collar and protective toe cap keep you stable and safe
- Mesh lining is 100% recycled
- EVA foam insole adds excellent cushioning and has a 50% recycled top sheet
- Removable PU foam insole adds shock absorption and a customized fit
- Rock plate protects you from rough trails
- FloatPro Foam™ midsole offers a durable, lightweight ride
- Vibram® EcoDura outsole is made from 30% recycled rubber
- Vegan-friendly construction
Here are the Merrell Moab 2 Mid Waterproof [$135] boots:
Full features of the Merrell Moab 2 Mid Waterproof [$135] boots include:
- Breathable waterproof membrane seals out water while allowing water vapor to escape so your feet stay dry
- Upper made from performance suede and lightweight mesh
- Padded tongue provides comfort with bellows construction to keep out water and dirt
- Contoured EVA foam footbed with arch and heel support
- Rubber toe cap protects one of the highest-wear areas of a boot
- Air cushion in the heel absorbs impact and adds stability
- Molded nylon arch shank and EVA midsole provide support and stability
- Vibram® TC5+ outsole with rugged 5 mm lugs
- Breathable mesh lining
If you want to purchase either pairs of boots, just follow the links throughout this article or hit that ‘shop now’ button below to check out more Merrell products on Huckberry!
Cass is a partner at BroBible and he’s been found here for the better part of a decade. He’s based out of Florida and you can contact him on Twitter at @casspa or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
The BroBible team writes about gear that we think you want. Occasionally, we write about items that are a part of one of our affiliate partnerships and we will get a percentage of the revenue from sales.