One of the awesome new devices to hit the market for Amazon Prime Day is the company’s new signature line of 4k LED, Alexa-equipped Amazon Fire Smart TVs. It’s called the Amazon Element and it sold LIKE CRAZY today thanks to a very favorable price point — 50-inch 4k TVs are priced at $500 for a bundle that includes a Bluetooth Sound Bar. The 55-inch Amazon Element bundle sold out around 2AM last night, as did the 60-inch. As far as consumer electronics go, it’s clearly one of the hottest items of Amazon Prime Day.
If you’re in the market for a high-def 4K Smart TV you can talk to using Amazon’s Alexa technology, there’s still a 50-inch bundle available for a savings of $160 off the sticker price. We probably won’t see deals this cheap on 4K TVs of this size until Cyber Monday — If even.
As for me? I can’t wait to watch Amazon’s Grateful Dead documentary A Long Stranger Trip on this system. Gonna see it and hear it as it was meant to be heard. The only thing that could be better is experiencing The Dead’s Wall Of Sound in the ’70s or an acid test show. But I’ll take 4K HD TV at high volumes in my living room any day of the week.
Here’s what it includes:
- Fire TV Edition is a smart TV experience that seamlessly integrates your favorite streaming and live over-the-air content on a unified home screen (HD antenna required).
- Experience true-to-life 4K UHD picture quality with over 8 million pixels for stunning clarity, deep contrast, and brilliant colors. Refresh Rate: 60 Hz (Native), 120 Hz (Effective).
- The Fire TV experience is built in so you can enjoy over 15,000 channels, apps, and Alexa skills. Get universal search results across over 140 channels and apps including Netflix, Hulu, HBO NOW, SHOWTIME, STARZ, and Prime Video.
- The included Voice Remote with Alexa allows you to control live TV playback, launch apps, search for TV shows, play music, switch inputs, control smart home devices, and much more.
- Prime members get unlimited access to Prime Video, featuring thousands of movies and TV episodes at no additional cost.
- Dimensions (W x H x D): TV without stand: 44.1″ x 25.7″ x 3.3″, TV with stand: 44.1″ x 27.2″ x 10.1″
- >Multiple device input/output options: 4 HDMI 2.0 including 1 with ARC, 1 USB 2.0, 1 USB 3.0, SD card, Ethernet, composite/component, headphone, optical audio out.
- 31.5-inch sound bar with built-in subwoofer enhances home-audio systems (not compatible with universal or TV remotes)
- Bluetooth technology v2.1 + EDR with A2DP & AVRCP for seamless streaming from various devices
- Full-range stereo speakers; up to 92 dB (2.1 channels)
- 4-piece 2-inch round frame; mid- to high-range drivers; 4-by-2.7-inch sub-range driver; 2-piece passive radiator
- 3 sound modes: Standard, News, and Movie; remote control and wall-mount hardware included; measures 31.5 by 3.2 by 3.5 inches (W x H x D)