- In this week’s roundup of ‘Things We Want’ we’ve got a full gear guide’s worth of new items that are here to make each day better
- We’re featuring the best new fishing sunglasses for guys, golf apparel, a Japanese whiskey that just came to the United States, camping gear, and a whole lot more
- Read previous ‘Things We Want’ roundups here
In this week’s roundup of 50 ‘things we want’ we’re checking out all of the latest gear drops for guys. First up is a Japanese Whiskey from FUJI that just made its way to the United States followed by this Summer’s best new fishing sunglasses, golf gear for men, and a whole lot more.
50 Things We Want This Week: Japanese Whiskey, Fishing Sunglasses, Golf Gear, and More
Fuji Whiskey Single Grain
I was fortunate enough to do a guided tasting of FUJI Whiskey’s Single Grain Whiskey earlier this week. Despite being the third-largest whiskey producer in Japan (behind Suntory and Nikka) and owned by Kirin Beer which is widely available in the United States, they just entered the US market at the end of 2021.
What took them so long? Well, there are a lot of reasons. The USA takes up 35% of the world’s whiskey market but Japanese whiskey only accounts for 3% of that, a number that FUJI is hoping to change. So, is the hype real? In short, I believe so.
It is a 92-proof blend of three types of grain whiskeys and it’s distilled using pure snowmelt glacier water from Japan’s Mt. Fuji. The FUJI Whiskey distillery actually sits at the base of the mountain just 7.5 miles away from the peak. The water in this whiskey makes a 50-year journey from the peak to the distillery’s aquifer and is filtered and purified by mother nature along the way.
Kentucky has its limestone, Champagne has its chalk caves, and FUJI Whiskey has this divine water sent from the heavens to make a 50-year journey to the bottle. It’s hard to not feel a little poetic when you really think about that journey of the water straight to your drink.
The three grain whiskeys in the FUJI Single Grain are a Bourbon-heavy style with a high rye mash bill, a Canadian style, and a Scotch style. FUJI’s Single Grain doesn’t have a listed age statement but the average age in the bottle is over 8 years old and close to 9 years old with the blend consisting of some 5-year, some 15-year whiskey, and some whiskey close to 20 years.
The nose is rich with stone fruits of pear and fruit tart followed by some spicy rye and soothing orange marmalade on the palate. And a mellow but flavorful finish of ‘exotic intense wood’ which comes from the new charred oak first fill bourbon barrels from their sister distillery, Four Roses.
FUJI’s Single Grain Whiskey has an MSRP of $94.95 and at that ‘FIND’ button below you’ll be able to track it down near you. It’s available at three stores in my area so I’m guessing you’ll be able to easily find it near you as well.
Short Par 4’s Personal Style Caddie Is A Game-Changer!!
I genuinely love when I see people or businesses from my hometown crushing it in life. Short Par 4 was founded and is located just down the road from my house and they are one of the coolest startups I’ve encountered over the past several years because they found a very real need in the marketplace and created a perfect solution, their Personal Style Caddie Membership.
Short Par 4 is a monthly golf apparel subscription that acts as your personal style caddie for the links. SP4 works with brands like Oakley, Under Armour, Callaway, 1764 Golf, and more to deliver top-tier golf apparel reflective of your liking.
Short Par 4 has direct lines to the best golf brands on the market. It’s because of these relationships they’re able to secure golf gear and apparel for a discount they can pass on to the SP4 subscriber. It’s as simple as choosing your membership (Fairway or Executive) and they do the rest of the work. You’ll look better than ever on Sundays and I 100% BELIEVE that we all play better golf when we look and feel our best. Check ’em out, you’ll be pleased that you did.
Tropical Bros Is Coming In HOT This Summer
Tropical Bros is coming in hot with the best Hawaiian shirts of the year by dropping 12 fresh new designs. Not only do these Hawaiian Shirts look incredible on a beautiful beach base but they’re proven to bring the ladies.
Each shirt is designed with every small detail in mind. The graphics are then transferred onto Tropical Bros’ Super Stretch fabric, which is a blend of polyester and spandex that features a moisture-wicking shell.
This is the Summer we ALL embrace the comfort and style of Hawaiian shirts and free ourselves from the shackles of long sleeves and ditch tanktops because those sunburns are hideous. Tropical Bros Hawaiian Shirts are here to make
Save An Additional 15% Right Now On Huckberry’s Best Sale Of The Year
First things first, you came for the Huckberry Promo Code and the Huckberry Promo Code you will get: hbsale15. You can skip the items I’ve featured below and shop Huckberry’s massive Spring sale right here.
Save An Additional 15% On The Sale With This Huckberry Promo Code
Or, since they’ve slashed the prices on hundreds and hundreds of items I’ve featured some of the hottest-selling items below to help you save some time. Just be sure to use the Huckberry promo code ‘hbsale15‘ at checkout for the additional 15% OFF the listed sale price on Huckberry.
The prices listed below are the SALE PRICES on Huckberry. With the Huckberry promo code hbsale15 you will save another 15% off the prices listed below. Some of these items are 50% off already! This really is a wild Spring/Summer sale. This sale runs from right now through 5/22 @ 11:59 pm PST so get ’em before they’re gone!
Cross Stitch Chukka – Exclusive ($219, usually $400
- Handmade leather boots with vintage looks and a next-level fit
- Full-grain hot stuffed leather uppers that will break in and age handsomely
- Vibram® mini-lug sole with strong traction and a low profile
- Glove soft full-grain leather liner
- Resoleable so you can enjoy them for longer
- Rawhide laces
- Made in Lewiston, Maine
Proof Caldera Shorts ($26, usually $78
- Made from a soft four-way stretch material infused with 37.5® fibers
- 37.5® fibers regulate warmth and keep your body at a comfortable temperature
- Elastic waistband with an adjustable drawstring for the perfect fit
- Side seam hand pockets with a single zippered rear pocket
- Tailored fit for a clean look
Article One AO X CIELE ($137, usually $275)
- Stylish glasses made with care and made to last
- Built with a lightweight, durable, and hypoallergenic plastic made to hold its shape in blistering heat
- Tonal silicone nose pads are made to grip and hold
- Wire core inside the nose pads allows you to tighten the grip during a workout and loosen afterward
- Silicone pads wrap around the ear for additional comfort and grip
- Italian-made Divel polarized lenses that block 100% of UVA/UVB rays and prevent road glare
- Anti-reflective coating helps reduce glare even more
- Spring hinges give and bounce back in case of rough wear
- Comes with a retainer strap and hard case
- Made in Italy
Jaybird Vista 2 Earthproof Wireless Headphones ($139, usually $200)
- The only headphones on the market that meet MIL-STD 810G requirements
- To qualify as MIL-STD 810G, you have to pass repeated shock, vibrations, drop, and crush tests as well as withstand extended exposure to tropical humidity, hurricane-force water, and desert sandstorm conditions
- Built-in active noise canceling lets you focus when you need to tune out the world
- Surroundsense lets you dial in the ambient noise to stay aware of your surroundings
- Water- and sweat-proof construction can handle the elements with ease
- Truly wireless design, these earbuds snugly rest in your ear without any cords
Want to see more of Huckberry’s best sale of the year? Just hit the ‘shop’ button below!
Salt Life Has The Best Polarized Sunglasses For Fishing
Salt Life is mostly known for its performance fishing apparel. Everything from the brand’s long-sleeve shirts to its short-sleeve button-ups are lightweight and moisture-wicking. What you might not know is Salt Life also churns out some of the best sunglasses for fishing.
Colors like brown, copper, amber, and blue are ideal for further reducing glare helping you to spot the fish. Match your lenses to the level of sunlight and the color of water and you’re guaranteed to catch more fish, assuming you are using the right equipment.
This isn’t just me blowing smoke, this is how serious fishing works. You put yourself in the best position to catch more fish and you will and that starts with having the right Salt Life fishing sunglasses to actually see what’s underneath the surface.
Everyday Carry Accessories
 Short Par 4’s Playoff Sport Palm Polo [$59, usually $70]
 Proof Nomad Short – 7″ [$78]
 Salt Life Tribeca Shiny Gunmetal Blue Tortoise Sunglasses [$89, usually $199]
 Seiko 5 Sports Watch [$315]
 Kavu Rope Key Chain [$8]
 CRKT Facet Pocket Knife [$80]
 Jaybird Vista 2 Earthproof Wireless Headphones [$159, usually $200]
The Hardest-To-Find Swim Shorts
Chubbies Stretch Swim Short 5.5″ Lined ($79)
Full details include:
- Four-way stretch fabric that moves with you
- Quick-drying fabric transitions from water to land with ease
- Elastic waistband with drawcord to adjust the fit
- Signature 5½” inseam for unmistakable Chubbies style
- Lightweight, supportive, breathable, stretchy liner adds support
- Rear zipper pocket secures your valuables
- Two front hand pockets for easy drop-in access to your shades or cash for the beach
Wellen ’66 Stretch Boardshort ($68)
Full details include:
- Vintage-inspired boardshorts made from modern performance materials
- Crafted from a four-way stretch blend for movement and comfort
- Moisture-wicking, quick-drying, and lightweight materials go from water to land without a wardrobe change
- Two welt pockets at the hips
- Back patch pocket with a bungee loop to keep your keys secure
- Back pockets close with velcro for extra security
- Comfortable waistband with a drawcord for a perfect fit
- Custom Wellen details throughout
Fair Harbor Anchor Swim Shorts
Full details include:
- Made from a recycled polyester-spandex blend that’s soft and naturally odor resistant
- Durable, water-repellent coating for quick-drying performance
- Generous and versatile four-way stretch allows for a full range of motion
- Built-in BreezeKnit liner provides support and prevents chafing
- Rear zipper pocket with key loop to keep valuables secure
- Side-seam hand pockets designed so water drains right through
- Elastic waistband with adjustable drawstring
- 8″ inseam fits right above the knee
Mami Wata Tofu Swim Short ($95)
Full details include:
- Stylish swim shorts for keeping you comfortable while chilling on the beach
- Made from a soft African cotton with a touch of added stretch
- Extra range of motion for surfing, running, and other activities
- Elastic waistband with drawcord closure for a customizable fit
- Classic mid-length cut that hits above the knee
- Slash pockets at the sides and a handy back pocket with flap closure
Fair Harbor Anchor Swim Short TieDye ($68)
Full details include:
- Made from a recycled polyester blend that’s soft and quick-drying
- Durable water-repellent coating for quick-drying performance
- Generous and versatile four-way stretch for range of motion
- Built-in CoolMax comfort boxer brief liner
- Rear zipper pocket with key loop to hold valuables
- Side seam hand pockets
- Elastic waistband with adjustable drawstring
7 Of The Best New Accessories For Guys
 ShortPar4 Liberty Knit Short in Grey Heather [$67, usually $75]
 Q Timex Series Watch [$179]
 Pioneer Carry Altitude Billfold [$66, usually $89]
 Huckberry Weekenders Sunglasses [$35 or 2-for-$60]
 Craighill Offset Keyring in Vapor Black [$38]
 CRKT Scribe Pocket Knife [$30]
Huckberry’s Supima Cotton Graphic Tees
Just in time for warmer weather, Huckberry released a new line of Supima cotton graphic tees that blow the competition out of the water.
I’m sure you already know how vastly superior Supima cotton is to regular cotton but let me spell it out for you anyway. Supima cotton lasts 35% longer than regular cotton, it’s softer than regular cotton, and more durable. Toss in these stylish new Huckberry designs and the fact that these shirts are only $35 each and last 35% longer, you begin to see how these are an absolute steal.
Best New EDC Accessories For Your Pockets
 Tropical Bros ‘Sunny Days’ Everyday Polo [$45]
 New Balance 57/40 Sneakers [$99]
Huckberry Cruisers Sunglasses [$35]
 Timex Waterbury Dive Automatic Watch [$289]
 CRKT Dually Pocket Knife [$35]
 Noah Marion Double Tab Key Fob [$31, usually $42]
 The Cache River Keychain Bit Driver [$60]
 Ezra Arthur No. 6 Wallet [$68, usually $125]
Get Ready For Camping Season With The Best New Camping Gear
- Carries up to twelve cans plus ice, or four wine bottles
- Water-resistant, tearproof, and abrasion-resistant exterior material
- High-density closed cell foam insulation
- Compression-molded bottom adds structure and durability
- Padded shoulder strap and haul handle for easy transport
- Leak-resistant, waterproof zipper
- Side pocket for quick access storage and dry items
- Made in Pelican’s Torrance, CA manufacturing facility
- 18 L size that’s ideal for day hikes and commuting
- Nylon ripstop shell fabric that resists abrasions and tears
- Lightweight build that’s perfect for commuting and hiking
- Rear attachment straps let you attach to a bigger pack so you have a smaller pack ready on backcountry outings
- Dedicated trekking pole sleeves keep them low-profile when not in use
- Integrated headlamp specific pocket so you always have easy access to a light source
- Lightweight shoulder straps with adjustable sternum strap
- Highly packable hammock, perfect for camping trips or hanging out at the park
- Made with durable 70D nylon taffeta ripstop
- Can be hung between trees, fence posts, or climbing anchors
- Packs down small to easily fit in a backpack
- Extra room at the elbows and knees allow for multiple sleeping positions
- Long size accommodates campers up to 6’6” tall
- Filled with Primaloft® RISE insulation that’s lighter and warmer than traditional synthetic insulation
- Exterior is built from a durable 30D nylon ripstop
- Bag is lined with a smooth and plush 20D nylon taffeta for sleeping comfort
- Zip-open Thermo Gills allow body head to escape without letting in drafts
- An external draft collar at the top opening and draft tube along the zipper keep warmth in
- Full length zipper on the left side features a zipper plow for easy in and out
- Footbox is waterproof yet breathable
- Pillow pocket secures your camping pillow or can be stuffed with extra clothes
- Comes with a compression stuff sack and mesh bag for long-term storage
- Temperature rated to 35°F with an ISO lower limit of 31°F
Best New Gear For Guys This Summer
 OluKai Koko’o Sandals [$75]
 Pelican Dayventure Sling Cooler [$160]
 Coors Banquet Mesh Snapback [$30]
 Timex T80 Throwback 80s Watch [$65]
 CRKT Compano Carabiner Pocket Knife [$55]
 Kavu CrackitOpen Keychain [$12]
 Inverted Refillable Pocket Lighter [$48]
The BroBible team writes about gear that we think you want. Occasionally, we write about items that are a part of one of our affiliate partnerships and we will get a percentage of the revenue from sales.